Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd agree if United were half decent.
They are okay at best, we made them look great - first half and early second any attack resulted in a chance for them and they had more of the ball. Past that they just shut up shop and let us try to play, which everyone knows we can't and don't know how to do with Dyche.

We could have played until midnight and still not scored, it is so difficult to watch Everton these days, there is just no enjoyment in it. 11 without a win now is it? Just a matter of time until the teams around us pick up a few points. I find it more and more difficult to believe that we are capable of winning an match. Anyway Branthwaite pick of the bunch for me.

Look let's be real. Even the most die hard wasn't expecting much from the game. Most expected us to lose or at best get a draw. Dyche made changes early because he had to but like I said we need to change this. Harrison isn't good enough and McNeil had so many chances to put the ball away or play a decisive pass and couldn't. Actually like Gomes in midfield. Dobbo tried to look lively, and if DCL switched on could've had an open net to tap the ball into. If you look at his reaction, it's all "oooooou so close" - Haaland would've look around to see if there was an oppo to get another chance. Sigh. Who knows where they're taken them for this "break"? Hopefully Dubai - seemed to work wonders for Arsenal.

Lost 5 nil over 2 games to an absolutely bang average team

Players and management should be embarrassed. Absolutely no standards at this club
transform

It was a disappointing result and certainly many here have worn their security blankets threadbare, but take some consolation in the fact that both of Utd's goals came from penalty kicks gifted to them by Everton, so it's kind of like Everton scored against themselves twice.

Everton scoring twice = clear improvement. Excelsior.

This is the problem with xG
Oh yeah we were ‘expected’ to have scored because we’ve had loads of 0.05 chances so add him all up and one should’ve gone in…
That’s not how odds work
That's why xG has nothing to do with odds? It's a cumulative statistic to show you the flow of the game, looking at the flat number means nothing - how was it in 15 min segments will show you basically who was better for what period of time, etc.

It's also convenient for people to say when defending toothless performances, I've found.