Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redundant now but no way would we ever get that pen decision

that was no different to the one in the derby a few years ago that the pundits said would have been too soft to give
United were getting away with assaults every tackle, and snide fouls to take out our breaks without bookings, the ref was diabolical.

Call it clever play by them, and I wish we had a bit more snide, but look at the soft decisions they got - it’s a joke.

We played better but we still lost in the cup. Only the league now. No excuses.
AS someone said earlier it would be hard on Lampard to be sacked after that. He will be here for Southampton

This "playing for the manager" thing is a complete red herring if they are consistently playing badly for the manager.
I just think they are generally bad. I dont think its a lack of effort its a lack of ability combined with some glaring holes in the make up of the squad.

We looked a bit better tonight because we stopped playing that ball of doom that we keep doing where we play it out wide behind the player so the only option he has got is to play backwards or force it into the middle where we lose the ball. Its why we are under so much pressure all the time. (I know what I mean anyway, I cant show it properly without one of those tactics table things!)

Blue print is there

Same back three.

Play Gordon RWB and McNeil LWB

Same midfield three but with Doucoure coming in for Iwobi as he looks injured.

Gray and Dominic Calvert-Lewin up top.

Mykolenko is league one standard and Coleman needs to retire/play in a Vets pub league on a Sunday.
Not sure about Gordon at rwb, but otherwise yeah, definitely the way forward

Status
Not open for further replies.