Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this game has the worst timing because I expected Lampard to be sacked so for him to just be setting up in a dead rubber, it's time to ring some changes.

5-3-2 will combat the 4-3-3 but also allow us to counter also.

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Coady - Tarkowski - Godfrey

Very solid defensive line with not much messing around just low block and look for movement forwards.

I think Mykolenko has been ok this season but he has played a lot of games so happy to rest him. Godfrey was excellent v City and never should've been dropped also he played excellent at left back a few seasons ago so hoping he shackle any pace they have down the right.

Price - Onana - Iwobi

Nice mix of youth and hard work to stifle Utd's midfield.

Not overly happy with Gueye so I'd like to see Price get a start. Best player during the Australia trip so he has earned an opportunity plus he will give some energy into the middle.

Simms - Maupay

Same with Gordon, Gray and DCL, don't risk players who we might need in the run in.

Simms came on in midweek and was a good like for like for DCL, physical, hard working and pace. He will give United a headache and Maupay doesn't look match fit to me so get some game time in his legs.

We have some good options from set-pieces and also the counter but it's a uphill task.

I'd love to get through to the next round but it could cost our prem status. Assuming Frank will get to Feb on the back of it.

The more I think of it we should do what Carlo did when he realised how bad we were, although he went 4 centre backs I think we should go 5, Holgate RB, Godfrey lb, mins, Coady, tark cb

Status
Not open for further replies.