Manchester United 0-3 Everton. Saturday 21st November @ 5.30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
Great win that, should give us momentum going into the next game, who we got?

After the tenth international break of the season, must be great being Hibbert & Osman, we go into a run of games that are much harder than we've had prior this year. The gritty win over West Ham was much needed, not only so we remembered what it was like to win again but as we were getting perilously close to the bottom three.

As the dominant club of the past twenty years, we know what to expect with United - a gutsy performance and defeat by the odd goal? Maybe not this time as they will be smarting from the gap of five points opened up by Chelsea. They haven't looked much United like this season, but still remain the team in the league that are mostly likely to put together a twenty game winning streak - usually December onwards. Class players in all departments, and it seems Rooney now coming to the fore as we expected he would.

All doom and gloom then? Probably, but there are positives. A certain braided hair South African with the gruffest voice on one so wee is due to return, along with possibly Phil "Phil" Neville who's desperate to return and will be very much welcomed (what a difference a season makes) which in turn should allow Rodwell a bit of a breather and add some cohesion back to our midfield. Under-rated is Phil. Osman is also available and as expected should take over from Gosling. With Heitinga seemingly starting to find his feet in the middle it will be interesting to see team Moyes deploys, you can bet your bottom rupee on there being five in the middle for this though.

Lets be honest, there was much more fight from Everton against West Ham but United is going to be a very tough ask. Luckily we've got games against Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal lined up quickly afterwards. One area we did show improvement in last area was competing with the top four clubs, and I hate using that phrase but they were the benchmark. It may be a bit premature for the results revolution to start here but attaining that level of fight from the last game will at least give us a progression point for starters.

With the games coming thick and fast from this point onwards the pressure is on to rescue a season that's been a tad underwhelming so far.

Kick them off the park, it's the only way we'll get something here - even if it is only a few red cards.

The optimist in me doesn't believe that we can have the slice of luck/opposition poor finishing like that for the second game running.

Stranger things have happened I suppose.

Its a good time to play them after the break but after watching the west ham game i fear defeat but i will take that if we win the derby

I honestly see Everton grinding out another win/draw here, this and the Derby game will be one one to spark the season back up.

Everton 0-0 Man Utd.

Lineup

Howard
Hibbert Yobo Distin Baines
Heitinga
Gosling Fellaini Saha
Cahill
Yakubu

Going to Haydock races then shooting straight to the match - makings of a great day. I expect a good thrashing from them lot though. No less than 4 goals past Howard I reckon. Cahill might nick one from a set piece. 5-1, but hopefully by then I'll be so drunk and my pockets bulging with cash I wont care.

Status
Not open for further replies.