Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems a replay of the last match with the RS. Defend incredibly well, concede on a moment's lapse in 70+ minutes and give up a second on a counter after pushing for an equalizer. 4 goals conceded (12.5% of total given all PL season) on 9 shots on target against the two best PL squads. Everton could generate only 1 on target each match.
But the momentary lapse came off a corner given for a goalkick. Not Dom’s head. Meh!

I've never felt much about city one way or the other.
Kinda liked them in the 90s with the brother kits, peter reid, Kinkladze (sp?) Goater etc.
I liked maine road.
But what I saw today was a club with no soul.
The ad hoardings were doubled up and synced up with the cameras to give the illusion of boards double the legal height.
There were ads painted on the touchline.
The stadium announcer did stupid fan chants when players came on.
The only audible chant I heard from their fans was about old trafford falling down.
The Etihad is just such a boring non-descript venue with no redeeming features.
The whole thing just stinks of modern plastic football.
Boring and soulless.
The only thing I would dispute in this would be... in my opinion, Maine Road was a dump and a crap pitch.
Other than that, and you forgetting to mention the 'tourist' element amongst their so-called fan base, you're spot on mate ;)

Love the way Dyche says the players knew what they had to do... go forward with conviction. But they didn't do it.

Sorry, but they can't just automatically be good because they know that's what they should do if they don't have the ability.

Thing that stood out for me was when, I think, McNeill overlapped and DCL half jogs then McNeill plays the ball across the box and DCL decides to sprint about 10 secs too late. Should be busting a gut as everyone is facing towards the goal and he could have been open in the middle.
That was really strange. It was as if DCL either wasn’t up for making what looked like the obvious run, or is totally knackered and just can’t bust a gut any more.

It deffo wasn’t the version of DCL that played under Ancelotti.

Not for me, as they are so manufactured. Without the oil money they would be in the lower leagues and making the occasional Premier push, which is where they belong.

People should hate them as they are the epitome of everything wrong with modern football.
Lets not forget when modern football started. When the biggest and most successful clubs at the time wanted a bigger slice of the pie and sod everyone else. When the original scabs of football screwed over the football league and the smaller clubs and started the Prem. You bleat about modern football when your club were one of the instigators of it.

I've never felt much about city one way or the other.
Kinda liked them in the 90s with the brother kits, peter reid, Kinkladze (sp?) Goater etc.
I liked maine road.
But what I saw today was a club with no soul.
The ad hoardings were doubled up and synced up with the cameras to give the illusion of boards double the legal height.
There were ads painted on the touchline.
The stadium announcer did stupid fan chants when players came on.
The only audible chant I heard from their fans was about old trafford falling down.
The Etihad is just such a boring non-descript venue with no redeeming features.
The whole thing just stinks of modern plastic football.
Boring and soulless.

Agree! I saw Everton v. City at Etihad many years back and it was indeed a very generic and soulless affair. The stadium was "perfectly nice" but didn't have any character. Our away fans were much more enthused and loud than the City fans.

Harrison is a worry.
Good to see Dyche, albeit too late (as usual) move Garner forward and bring Onana on.
But can't see why he left Harrison on.
Can see why he might lack faith in Dobbin defensively, especially coupled with Seamus on right, but Mc Neil could switch sides,
Dobbin on the left ahead of Myko and Branthwaite and Gana has gotta be a risk worth taking once going behind.

Dyche talked post match about transition into attack and keeping ball
Well when you get the ball Harrison ain't one the guys Id want to pass to, to keep the ball and attack.
It's so frustrating, hopefully he can find form, if Dyche is going to remain so stubborn.