Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've never felt much about city one way or the other.
Kinda liked them in the 90s with the brother kits, peter reid, Kinkladze (sp?) Goater etc.
I liked maine road.
But what I saw today was a club with no soul.
The ad hoardings were doubled up and synced up with the cameras to give the illusion of boards double the legal height.
There were ads painted on the touchline.
The stadium announcer did stupid fan chants when players came on.
The only audible chant I heard from their fans was about old trafford falling down.
The Etihad is just such a boring non-descript venue with no redeeming features.
The whole thing just stinks of modern plastic football.
Boring and soulless.
But at least Richard Masters thinks they are a big club!

No issue with the effort or the result.
But I have an issue with DCL. I thought he was utter gash today.
Thing that stood out for me was when, I think, McNeill overlapped and DCL half jogs then McNeill plays the ball across the box and DCL decides to sprint about 10 secs too late. Should be busting a gut as everyone is facing towards the goal and he could have been open in the middle.

But at least Richard Masters thinks they are a big club!
I mean, they are, they're huge in relative terms but they are the ultimate 'product'.
A real club seems to have been taken and replaced with a consumer product.
It all sounds bitter on my part but I really don't see the attraction in what city have become.
I dont even hate them like my irrational hatred of Newcastele.
They jus exist, their only purpose, to stop Liverpool racking up titles.
They've become the ultimate 'meh' club.

Dyche’s post match reaction stinks of ‘I’m a genius.. I did my bit but we lost as the players didn’t do anything when they got the ball’
And he’s kind of right he can get them to be fit work hard and keep shape he can’t make them be more aware, composed on the ball and pass because if they can’t do simple passes and retain possession they sure aren’t doing through balls and 40yard balls with players like Mykolenko negative as hell and poor on the ball hence the simple go back passes, Harrison, McNeil, Gana who for every bit of good work he does then gives it away. A useless striker or strikers because the bench options are just as bad but I’d imagine would of done more than Dom has in last 20 games. Dyche has done well with what he’s had and has overachieved and even if we was on 29 points I’d still be thinking this could be tight as it is I think we’re in serious trouble to remain in the league and tbh watching games like that albeit against a very good side in city I’d rather be competitive in the championship and enjoy watching us PLAY football, not defend and concede possession every single week with the slowest counter attacking forward players going.

I mean, they are, they're huge in relative terms but they are the ultimate 'product'.
It all sounds bitter on my part but I really don't see the attraction in what city have become.
Yeah I agree with this. Their novelty has gone. A synthetic club that aren’t interesting enough to overly dislike. Just a bit glib overall.

Not for me, as they are so manufactured. Without the oil money they would be in the lower leagues and making the occasional Premier push, which is where they belong.

People should hate them as they are the epitome of everything wrong with modern football.