Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DCL has that Akanji worried if you hadn't noticed, lad played it out for a throw in than get into another physical battle with him.

Problem with Dom is exactly what Carlo spotted. He’s a “poacher” and no good at running channels or bossing defenders. Even one on ones he’s weak, he is the sort that you have on the penalty spot to convert but that requires a strong progressive midfield right up with him and a play maker to make chances.

We are hoofing it long to him about fourth yards from goal so today is the obvious outcome.

This is more of a game for Beto than DCL under the current tactics. Hold the ball up and hope for a foul to get up the pitch.

Probably gone as well as we could expect, limited City but they will get chances, we have had 2 good chances....

Dom chipped it to Ederson with McNeil on the outside unmarked and McNeil stuck a lovely ball across the goal, if you look at DCLs movement he doesn`t make an effort to get their until after McNeil has played it, his 1st reaction should be get in between the sticks.

Don`t get me wrong I think Dom has offered something but doesn`t ever offer a goal threat which for a striker is the whole idea of being a striker... DCL is the poundland Heskey, I remember he was criticised for not scoring many and he got a damn sight more than DCL. Don`t see what DCL offers that Beto, Chermiti or even Maupay doesn`t.
Bore off thumb.

Can’t question the endeavour of the players

Working really hard

Sadly the gulf in talent might prove decisive, but even if it does, we’ve put in a shift and can leave secure in that knowledge

That Akanji has been great for them. The next superstar player they’ve unearthed

Beto or any no 9 would struggle in our set-up ....
Why would they when we`ve created more chances that the most of the other teams in the league, just because DCL who is being played regardless of form or ability can`t finish or get in goal scoring positions doesn`t mean other players wouldn`t....