Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheer up everyone; last time (I think) we played Wolves in the Xmas period fixtures was 1983. We were near the foot of the table; though they were bottom of the league they still beat us 3-0. The knives were well and truly out for the manager (HK of course). I was there that day and by the end of the game there can't have been more than a thousand or so Blues still in the ground out of a travelling support initially approaching five figures. We were truly awful and there seemed no way back.

We then proceeded to go 14 matches unbeaten.

Just saying......

We’re having a bit of a dip in form and City are a decent side on their day but if things go our way we could win a couple of throw-ins ;)
If you think the scenes will be epic when we win a throw-in, imagine what it will be like if we actually get a corner!...

(Ya know, before Flash Gordon or Dwight McFail inevitably weakly punts it straight into the first man in sky blue I mean) ?

May as well start Cannon and Mills what's the point in our current set of forwards against these..Save Dom for Brighton which is the game we can win(even though they are miles ahead of us too so it's not likely).

Save Gordon for what? Missing sitters and doing very little else?

Cheer up everyone; last time (I think) we played Wolves in the Xmas period fixtures was 1983. We were near the foot of the table; though they were bottom of the league they still beat us 3-0. The knives were well and truly out for the manager (HK of course). I was there that day and by the end of the game there can't have been more than a thousand or so Blues still in the ground out of a travelling support initially approaching five figures. We were truly awful and there seemed no way back.

We then proceeded to go 14 matches unbeaten.

Just saying......

Never say never isn't it ;)

How did you cope with relegation from the Premier League and then again? I mean how did you stop yourself from downing a pint of Toilet Duck. I’m only asking because we are headed the same way and it’s quite depressing.
Lot's of beer and banter mate. Been to many games I've completely forgotten about through having beer goggles on. Being relegated (at first) is a depressing thought but we became used to it. Relegation to the old third division though was really hard. But beating Gillingham in the 99 play off final was a huge relief. I didn't go to the game because losing that game would have broken me.

If you do go down you'll most probably bounce back up. EFC are too big a club to languish in the Championship.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin needs to get his match fitness back so I'd have him on the pitch for 60mins; anything he does will be a bonus - then Cannon for the last 30mins.

I'd do it the other way round personally.

Don't want his vagina to get injured

Status
Not open for further replies.