Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough game but this is a chance for the players to show fight and give back a performance to the fans

Like to think so. But id say in that dressing room right now there is a maximum of 2 players with any fight and pride. Coady and tarkowski.
The rest i dont think give a toss deep down.

Seen the starting 11,

Pickford
Patterson
Tarkowski
Coady
Godfrey
Mykolenko
Gana
Onana
Iwobi
Gray
DCL

I just hope we are playing 532 rather than 523. Personally I think I have only seen us play well once with a back 5, but who knows.

I suppose against city it will mostly be 550 with the odd counter attack if we are lucky

Damage limitation should really be the aim given the state of things at the bottom. If we can keep the score to within a two goal margin I'd actually consider that a small win.

Mina and Dom to be off in 25 mins. Dom injured and Mina with exhaustion mouthing off to Haaland after his 5th goal.

Going for a walk myself

Hmm good to see Dom back but can't help but think he should've been saved for Brighton. Stick with Maupay for a game we don't have much of a chance in but hey. Looks like 5-4-1. Gray needs to attack Lewis as much as he can when he gets the chance. Stay in it for 50-60 mins and who knows. Have a strange feeling we're gonna score first.

We aren't getting anything today? I hope this is reverse psychology. I have never gone to a game or watched a game ever thinking that.

We need more of that optimism mate and to be fair, the last time I gave up before a ball was kicked was when we had academy lads starting away at Chelsea and we got a point...

I just hope we get no injuries today so we're all set to get 3 points Vs Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.