Man City v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can actually see him being an awesome defensive mid. You can definitely tell that he used to play there a lot, his positioning is brilliant and he knows how to tackle from an angle to cover. Come on Mikel.

Did you see some of our play out of defence as well, some our little out ball triangles were as good as Chelsea. In fact, we might even have done a one two between our centre mids, which is something I've wanted to see for ages. I'll have to watch out for it.

His tackling has suprised me, he was crunching into tackles and winning the ball. His workrate was good and he's no lightweight, I've always said he's one of the best in the league at shielding the ball.

We where superb mate, exactly how I want to see us playing. We are certainly capable of it. The best thing about moving Arteta in the middle is he's always close to Pienaar. They link up and we look a far better side. When Arteta plays on the right there on opposites sides of the pitch so the link up play isn't always there.

I know I keep going on about it but it's refreshing to have a top quality central midfielder. It takes so much pressure of us. And that's what he is in the middle, top class.

Even if we'd have come away from that 0-0 I would've been made up. The passion is back, the football is far better and we look organised. Credit to Moyes and the players. Same again for Chelsea please.

Segundo's better with his head than his feet. Wouldn't suprise me if he can see killer passes with those headers. We'll have to wait and see really...

Another mention for my man Mikel Arteta, he's just top class. There's no doubt about it. Controlled the game.

Agreed, I'm another in the Castillo accurate headers fan club. Supoib.

View from the Palace End.
Superb performance, best team won, everyone put in a good shift and although outdone for pace once or twice no one dropped their heads once. Nice to see Lescott getting a bit of form back, seems to have helped the balance of the whole back four. Pienar has been top draw since he came back. Dunc the Funk is one happy blue, and me and his bro.,as well as seeing a good game,and getting back to the car in one piece,(see seperate thread), submerge ourselves in the joy of a gigantic 2-1 home win against ten man Doncaster. ;)

Great result. :D

Had to listen to the game in work on my phone (it has a radio) through a pair of headphones. What was funny was that, despite the showroom floor being dead for most of the day, a customer just happened to walk up to me and started telling me his life story about his bathroom decor problems when the game hit stoppage time. I then had Graeme Sharp screaming down one of my ears as this guy was trying to talk to me and I couldn't react to the goal or even concentrate on what he was saying.

Sods law.. :dodgy:

Great result. :D

Had to listen to the game in work on my phone (it has a radio) through a pair of headphones. What was funny was that, despite the showroom floor being dead for most of the day, a customer just happened to walk up to me and started telling me his life story about his bathroom decor problems when the game hit stoppage time. I then had Graeme Sharp screaming down one of my ears as this guy was trying to talk to me and I couldn't react to the goal or even concentrate on what he was saying.

Sods law.. :dodgy:

He even tried to talk to you when you had headphones in? That's the thing about boring people they're so determined...

His tackling has suprised me, he was crunching into tackles and winning the ball. His workrate was good and he's no lightweight, I've always said he's one of the best in the league at shielding the ball.

We where superb mate, exactly how I want to see us playing. We are certainly capable of it. The best thing about moving Arteta in the middle is he's always close to Pienaar. They link up and we look a far better side. When Arteta plays on the right there on opposites sides of the pitch so the link up play isn't always there.

I know I keep going on about it but it's refreshing to have a top quality central midfielder. It takes so much pressure of us. And that's what he is in the middle, top class.

Even if we'd have come away from that 0-0 I would've been made up. The passion is back, the football is far better and we look organised. Credit to Moyes and the players. Same again for Chelsea please.

I thought the same thing at half time, even if we'd have lost I would'nt have been as angry as usual. If you compare these performances to losing 1-0 against Wigan, which made me [Poor language removed] livid, it is so much better. You can talk about results over performances and watching good football versus winning, but it doesn't half make being a supporter more enjoyable when you actually enjoy the game itself.

If we play like that again against Chelsea but end up losing because of them being good, that's fair enough. I really hope we do try to play against them and I think we will, cos it's all Mikel knows how to do when he has the ball and he's going to be forced into having it.

I thought the same thing at half time, even if we'd have lost I would'nt have been as angry as usual. If you compare these performances to losing 1-0 against Wigan, which made me [Poor language removed] livid, it is so much better. You can talk about results over performances and watching good football versus winning, but it doesn't half make being a supporter more enjoyable when you actually enjoy the game itself.

If we play like that again against Chelsea but end up losing because of them being good, that's fair enough. I really hope we do try to play against them and I think we will, cos it's all Mikel knows how to do when he has the ball and he's going to be forced into having it.

I think we will to be honest. We've find the right combination and every player is playing to a high level. There's definatly something to build on here, just got to cut out the lapses and be better at home.

We are a much more powerful side aswell which is nice to see. The likes of Howard, Yobo, Castillo, Fellaini, Lescott, Jags etc are a match for anyone. The only thing we are lacking is pace outwide.

Another positive is Saha will probably be back, keep him fit and we'll be even better.

I got to say it was great to see Castillo playing, I did say he did pretty good but still can't exactly say he has done the same job as Carsley, but certainly look solid and cut out alot of the danger.

The chance are Anichebe or Saha should be ready for the Chelsea's match, but I think Castillo should get another start, he might not be a shining start but certainly made our midfield line defenively more complete.

I think we will to be honest. We've find the right combination and every player is playing to a high level. There's definatly something to build on here, just got to cut out the lapses and be better at home.

We are a much more powerful side aswell which is nice to see. The likes of Howard, Yobo, Castillo, Fellaini, Lescott, Jags etc are a match for anyone. The only thing we are lacking is pace outwide.

Another positive is Saha will probably be back, keep him fit and we'll be even better

Would you play him though? I wouldnt after that performance

Would you play him though? I wouldnt after that performance

If he's in the right condition yes I would.

As well as Cahill played uptop on his own we where a bit toothless at times and there was no one with the pace to run in behind. I think Saha offers that aswell as link up play.

His last performance against Spurs really impressed me aswell. With Yak out I think he's the next best option personally.

I see your point, i mean who would you drop. You could MAYBE drop Castillo, but while i feel he didnt have the best of games, he did give us some defensive cover, which allowed the rest of the midfield to push forward. Its a tough 1 for Moyes.

Be very harsh on anyone to be dropped after that performance. Subs bench at best for Saha

I'd expect Saha or Anichebe to start if there fit. Moyes won't go into the game with Cahill upfront again, I just can't see it. He said in the post match interview that he needs his strikers back as soon as possible.

I'd expect either one to come in for Segundo Castillo.

I'd expect Saha or Anichebe to start if there fit. Moyes won't go into the game with Cahill upfront again, I just can't see it. He said in the post match interview that he needs his strikers back as soon as possible.

I'd expect either one to come in for Segundo Castillo.

That will probably be the case, i dont agree with it though

Status
Not open for further replies.