Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
86290377_2806631162707094_4357795387570913280_o.jpg

Manchester City are now facing a Premier League points deduction, as their punishment for “serious breaches” of Uefa Financial Fair Play also represents a breach of the domestic competition’s regulations.

The defending English champions were on Friday night given the unprecedented sanction of a two-year ban from the Champions League and €30m fine, after Uefa’s Adjudicatory Chamber found the club had overstated its sponsorship revenue in accounts submitted to the European governing body between 2012 and 2016.

High-level sources say that will force the Premier League to act due to their own licensing, which pertains to Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations.

The issue comes because any club has to supply true information to get a Premier League licence, and that information will have had to have matched tthe information supplied to Uefa.

Points deduction as well. maybe.

LOL
This makes things kinda interesting...

I'd assumed City would appeal, and the ban would be delayed by a year while the appeal went through.... But City would 100% want any PL point deduction to take effect this season (because what's the difference between losing the league by 20pts and losing it by 30pts... whereas an appeal would potentially delay that too.

Cant believe people are getting excited about a potential euro spot.

1. There are too many variables yet to play out- mainly appeals and backhanders (more significantlythe latter) - so it will very likely not happen.

2. If we dont earn entry by right there is no honour in competing in the competition. We're not the rs ffs claiming to he champions of europe without actually being champions.

3. Unless its a knockout competition from the start euro competitions are drawn out and tediously boring.

4. Euro competitions are over hyped and detract from domestic competition- which to me given it's longstanding history is far more important and carries more gravitas.

Don't put yourselves through it. Euro nights should be an interesting diversion from the league, not a goal.
That's a load of crap if I'm being honest.

Europe gives you:

1. A load more money to spend
2. Makes joining a club a lot more attractive.
3. Load more money and more attractive for players = you get better players.
4. Better players = you do better in the domestic league.

It's sad it's become like that, but it's reality and your view point is still stuck in the 80's.

And who cares how we get into it.end goal is making Everton great again. Getting into Europe would be a MASSIVE step in that direction.

This makes things kinda interesting...

I'd assumed City would appeal, and the ban would be delayed by a year while the appeal went through.... But City would 100% want any PL point deduction to take effect this season (because what's the difference between losing the league by 20pts and losing it by 30pts... whereas an appeal would potentially delay that too.

They aint just gonna roll over.

They are questioning FFP itself and calling UEFA prejudiced towards them, cant see UEFA banning them with court as well as everything else being waved about.

Think this will fast-tracked through the courts.

How can a UEFA violation lead to a PL points deduction? Different comps?
The issue comes because any club has to supply true information to get a Premier League licence, and that information will have had to have matched that supplied to Uefa.

They are being accused of basically make their accounts up.

Like if you have car insurance but no MOT, your insurance is invalid due to not having an MOT.

How long could the process take?

Months rather than weeks.

This is a complex case and it is thought that the adjudicatory chamber could take its time to consider Leterme's recommendation. An oral hearing may also be called.

As an example, more than a month ago the investigatory chamber referred AC Milan to the adjudicatory chamber for failing to comply with the break-even rules for the period 2015-2018. We are yet to hear the outcome.

City could also then appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

It is therefore highly unlikely any ban would apply to next season's Champions League.

There you have it.
This ^

They’ll either win their appeal before the summer, or they’ll drag it out and UEFA will suspend the penalty until the outcome is reached.

Either way, City play in next seasons CL, nailed on.

The worrying thing is to what extent the PŁ enforce the rules. Would be typical for the RS to be awarded 2 retrospective titles.

Will also be interested to see if they would then retrospectively award the same 2 titles to Chelsea when they inevitably get busted for breaching doping rules.

I doubt it

I seriously doubt that city will face a European ban on top of a 25 mil fine on top of a points deduction, after an appeal it will end up a fine and maybe one year out of Europe at most, all this big boss talk is to look like they mean business, if all three happen then they have set a precedent and I'd expect a lot of clubs to fall away over the next couple of years

Not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.