Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who do I want to play instead of Doucoure?

For starters tonight here's the options

Dobbin - similar position he takes up for u21s and has pace
Mcneil - then have Dobbin on the left
Danjuma - then have Mcneil/Dobbin in Doucoure role and Danjuma on the left
Chermiti - let him find the space and play pressing up with a striker

That's literally just off the top of my head and the great thing is, in the main they can all control a football.

I'm not talking about playing like 1970 Brazil, I'm talking about a player being able to

A) control the round thing
B) pass the round thing in a fashion where it helps the teammate to be able to control the round thing

It's embarrassing watching a fella jog around with shins for feet blagging that it's all sound and then fans excusing it as if it's acceptable when there is actual real alternatives
Shins for feet 😆

Is right.

Luton as a club and fan base are abhorrent. But their football is far easier on the eye than ours.
But looks like their fans will have to watch that prettier football it in a lower league whilst we stay up despite being docked 8 points.

Unfortunately seems like we are going to be, if anything, in an even worse financial position next season and may also be docked more points.

Dyche’s style of football isn’t my personal preference but it might be the only thing that keeps us as a PL club into the new stadium - I don’t have much faith that if we get relegated we’re bouncing back up.

To be honest it was always going to be a tough one tonight,the big fella up front back for them and virtually their season resting on this game,could have won it,could have lost it,point is ok with where we are at currently I think.

good result...a bit of a bogey team for us this season...as we were there big bogey team in the 80s...personified by sheedy's last gasp penalty to send the '85 FA Cup semi into extra time...and victory. What a moment that was...absolute limbs!!

PS: for the logophilliacs out there: an alternative word for a bogey team is borrowed from German: angstgegner

What’s the point? Prime Barcelona with Messi Iniesta Xavi in their team and Guardiola managing them lost 2-0 at home to a newly promoted Hercules side with Drenthe playing in it. Results happen in football to all teams at all levels. The league table shows you wer’e a better side than them by a fair distance (and a better side than Brentford, yes Brentford). One game is just one game.
I couldn't agree more with what you're saying. But that performance tonight was almost unforgivable. We're playing a very poor side and we're under no pressure whatsoever. We should be playing nice easy football all over the park. It was horrendous.