Lukaku's comments in the Liverpool Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it onzin is Afrikaaner for ****e. If so, it's a way around the swear filter when it comes to naming our lovable neighbours.

"Onzin" literally means nonsense in Dutch. If Pienaar was to talk in Afrikaans to Lukaku, Lukaku would get the basic idea of what he is trying to say being a Dutch speaker but there would be times it goes horribly wrong.

"Kak" is Afrikaans for ****e, pretty much the same here.

Pienaar has just tweeted;

@therealstevenpi: Jij praat veel

Which translates as "You talk a lot" whilst attaching a photo of a news piece about Lukaku

As much as I respect Pienaar and his efforts for us, when he talks it's invariably about his god and religion. At least when Lukaku talks it's about the football.

Pienaar’s position is under threat I suppose - I think Lukaku prefers playing up front with Mirallas, and I think Mirallas likes that inside left position. I think those two play really well together on the break. The slower deliberate build up doesn’t equate to many chances for Lukaku.

If that tweet from Pienaar is genuine, then I reckon it's banter referencing the tittish comments from the Belgium manager.

Gotta feel sorry for Belgium - great squad with what looks like a knob of a manager. He basically (in the same article.) also said if he had Chelsea's squad, then he wouldn't play De Bruyne either. I can see where he's coming from, but I reckon it's poor man-management to say that in public about someone he'll likely be taking to a World Cup.

I didn’t want to say anything to the players, but then I spoke to Phil Jagielka on the bus after the West Ham game, and said: “This year we will do something special because you are all special players. And I am not saying this because I want to be friends with you guys, but I have trained with the best players, in my eyes, in the country, and I’m telling you, you are not far from it.”

"Phil just laughed, but I was very serious and now we are showing a lot of great performances.

. . . . Captain Phil laughs. We need a new captain.

I didn’t want to say anything to the players, but then I spoke to Phil Jagielka on the bus after the West Ham game, and said: “This year we will do something special because you are all special players. And I am not saying this because I want to be friends with you guys, but I have trained with the best players, in my eyes, in the country, and I’m telling you, you are not far from it.”

"Phil just laughed, but I was very serious and now we are showing a lot of great performances.

. . . . Captain Phil laughs. We need a new captain.

Ive said all along despite the quality of the squad theirs still a good number of players that have developed the knife to a gun fight mentality from moyes, hopefully in time more players arrive with the same belief of lukaku

Ive said all along despite the quality of the squad theirs still a good number of players that have developed the knife to a gun fight mentality from moyes, hopefully in time more players arrive with the same belief of lukaku

Yeah some players may carry the 'knife to a gun fight' mentality. But fortunately I think The likes for Mirallas, Barkley, Coleman, . . are more attack minded players never bought into it. Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku never experienced it so that is how we have been able to change the mood around so fast this season, turning us from being best of the rest to being striving to be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.