Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just read those ridiculous comments from Belgian coach!

Firstly you've got two strikers who have both played as lone strikers for their club sides every single time they've played and you think that just sticking them up top together will work out?

Secondly you have midfielders more interested in shooting from 30 yards or trying to dribble into the box themselves for their own glory than play a through ball or send in a cross.

Strikers with no service score no goals.

Wow! Just read those ridiculous comments from Belgian coach!

Firstly you've got two strikers who have both played as lone strikers for their club sides every single time they've played and you think that just sticking them up top together will work out?

Secondly you have midfielders more interested in shooting from 30 yards or trying to dribble into the box themselves for their own glory than play a through ball or send in a cross.

Strikers with no service score no goals.

Strikers who refuse to move and be involved in the hold up play to get the team forward detriment their team as a whole.

Goals disguise the truth about these players. They are a liability to the whole side if the team sets up a certain way to play. Belgium have been traditionally a counter attacking side, and Lukaku thrived in that. Now that they're one of the "top" sides, they're trying this possession nonsense and, surprise surprise, Lukaku is awful in that system.

I too blame Wilmots for setting up his side wrong, but it is nonsense to say the players behind Lukaku are at fault - the system is, combined with Lukaku's complete inability to perform in said system.

I didn't realise he'd scored that many headers to be honest, fair enough, still doesn't warrant Wilmot's tactics like.

I think we should keep Lukaku and sign the midfield from either Leicester, Burnley, Stoke, Newcastle, Aston Villa, QPR or West Brom.

Cause presumably their midfields are better than ours as they provided better service for their strikers who all scored more PL goals than Lukaku last season.

I like Rom I really do. I remember the half time we announced McGeady sitting there parlaying that it was going to be an announcement that we'd got Rom permanently.

But three things get me with the lad.

How can you be a pro footy player and have the first touch of Homer Simpson?

How can you be built like he is but win zero headers from deep?

Strikers who refuse to move and be involved in the hold up play to get the team forward detriment their team as a whole.

Goals disguise the truth about these players. They are a liability to the whole side if the team sets up a certain way to play. Belgium have been traditionally a counter attacking side, and Lukaku thrived in that. Now that they're one of the "top" sides, they're trying this possession nonsense and, surprise surprise, Lukaku is awful in that system.

I too blame Wilmots for setting up his side wrong, but it is nonsense to say the players behind Lukaku are at fault - the system is, combined with Lukaku's complete inability to perform in said system.
exactly. different players fit in different systems, that doesn't mean they're crap but coaches also should be picking systems that work best for their players. Just a bad fit it seems

Some great finishing and assists there. The assist against Kiev would usually have been the best of the season but I guess Gibson's against Young Boys was something else.

7 assists and 20 goals in an under-performing side. 7 assists. Clearly not as useless outside the 18 yard box as many would suggest.

It really doesn't matter how many times the ball bounces off him if he's going to get those kind of numbers every season.

I really can't work out any Evertonian who thinks he's anything less than boss.

We've been hand fed crap strikers for absolute beards and when we get one that nets for fun we spend half our time pulling him apart and doubting him. It's weird.
look at any thread where players are rumored to want to leave. People tear them apart so they don't feel as bad when/if they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.