Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first touch is still crap. I will always support him and see his potential as being enormous, but the worlds best have a cracking first touch, Rom's lets him down too many times.

I think he needs to get some of the muscle bulk off him, he looks lead legged at times and he can barely haul his massive frame off the deck when attempting to win the ball in the air.

His first touch is still crap. I will always support him and see his potential as being enormous, but the worlds best have a cracking first touch, Rom's lets him down too many times.
If we played to his strengths and played through balls for him to run onto, then his first touch would be to move the ball on, and not to try and control it dead. Would be interesting to see how many of his touches are with his back to the opposition goal. He should be steaming onto balls, not receiving them full on.

If we played to his strengths and played through balls for him to run onto, then his first touch would be to move the ball on, and not to try and control it dead. Would be interesting to see how many of his touches are with his back to the opposition goal. He should be steaming onto balls, not receiving them full on.

Your spouting nonsense mate, its all about the dreads, Pienaar and Lukaku should go back to their full flowing dreads and strike some fear back into defences. Thats all there is to it. Problem solved.

I would be a boss manager me.

Was at the game yesterday which allowed me to really watch Rom since it's only the second game I've been to. I personally think he's one of the harder working players on the pitch, when we have the ball. When totenham had the ball, I agree he doesn't seem as willing to close down, but when we had the ball he was constantly making runs and going for balls and getting no service. I know you need to close down but I personally would rather have him using all of his energy for our attacks. If I were him I'd be extremely frustrated.

How can he give us something when he barely received the ball?
Indeed. All this talk of how a 28 mil player should be able to score without being given service is getting on my nerves. If you want a striker who can score without service you are talking about the likes of Falcao, Ibra, Ronaldo, etc. And they are not in the 28mil league.

Lukaku main problem is he does not always hold up the ball - he did it well with the 2nd goal against wolfsburg. In other games he does not, which means he creates hardly any chances for himself.

We need Barkley to play behind him, and run at the defense and play Lukaku in (like he did last sesason against Newcastle). Playing Eto behind Lakaku does not work.

Your right about his first touch he does lose the ball a lot.
I think he will end up being a top striker but he also needs to see more ball

I agree. If you look at the runs he makes that our midfielders dont see. Our play is easy to defend against alot the time. Barkley, Mirallis, Barry etc need to get their heads up and try to find the defence splitting pass at times to mix things up. When he played for West Brom the amount of his goals that he ran onto a through ball.
Also agree that his touch is awfull sometimes which is not acceptable but will hopefully keep improving.

just on Lukaku do you know he is younger than conor Mclaney who scored for the under 21's again sunderland. the last 3 seasons he got, 17, with WBA 16 with us and 6 so far this season not bad for a 21 year old name me a younger striker with more goals at 21.

jesus o'striker...55 goals in the irish league 1622/23

Couldnt agree more

Status
Not open for further replies.