Lukaku replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get where you're coming from mate - he would a be a risk. But a straight swap for Jela? That to me could only be positive. Anyways, who would you go for?

Not keen then!?! Whoever buys him in Jan will get an immediate positive impact. So, pray tell, who with <5mil would you buy that will make an instant impact to help take advantage of the current league standings?

Just because people on a forum can't think of a better player for £5m than Berbatov doesn't mean Martinez can't.

Last edited:

Hmmm, like Kone you mean? Look, I'm not desperate to see berba here, but when you think Chebes was 6 million... I'd like to see us keep what money we have and go all out for a top striker in the summer tbh. But we are short up top and we need someone who can make a difference.. not many of them about.

Lukaku's replacement should be -- Lukaku.

If we achieve CL this season then we must look to keep him. I expect Chelsea to try and make a statement signing in the January window. They cannot go with what they have upfront as they will not win the league and that is their goal.

Mourinho yesterday stated that they need a Rooney/Suarez/Aguero. Even said Lukaku wasn't the answer.

when we first got lukaku in on loan I was 100% sure he'd be back at chelsea next season, now I'm not so sure. If there's any way we can get him permanently we have to make it happen. How is he only 20 yrs old?!

Lukaku isn't the answer for Chelsea, not now, not next season or the next season or 2 after that IMO. There's no doubting his goalscoring ability, strength and movement, it's his hold up play and touch at times that lets him down.

And with him only being 20, all that wont come good till later on in his career and with games, and he wont get that at Chelsea cos they want ready made, proven strikers!.

So what does he and Chelsea do, just keep loaning him out to get games and fine tune his game?. I cant see that tbh. I don't think he'd accept that.

I think if Chelsea sign a couple of top strikers for next season, Lukaku will ask to leave and could we afford him?. Doubt it, not even IF we qualified for CL IMO!. I think they'd want there money back or slightly more and can we afford to spend that on one player, even if we had the added riches of CL money?. I don't think so unfortunately!.

Status
Not open for further replies.