2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how world-class we were reliably told the Gallic Tattoo is, it's something of a surprise to see that his ultimate destination is that renowned modern day powerhouse..., er, Aston Villa...it says here.

*checks notes*

If you are only worth what the market will pay, then Digne would appear to have found his level at...another mid-table club, albeit one momentarily on the up. Take nothing away from Villa - they are a great club, similar in stature to us - though not as historically consistent. But I was led to believe that the "World Cup winning French full back" (i.e., reserve) was a stellar talent coveted by the likes of Bayern Munich or Manchester City. How could the market be so wrong?

A point missed or ignored by many. The GOT "best left back in the league" gets firm offers when available from newcastle united and Aston Villa.

Lukaku levels of re writing history here. Until he got injured he was on of our top performers last season. So that's 12 months ago. The entire team then fell to bits and digne levels dropped as well
It's not just me that sees the drop off in form. Most Evertonians saw it under Ancelotti and Benitez.

It's nonsense to suggest he's the same player of his first season.

Lukaku levels of re writing history here. Until he got injured he was on of our top performers last season. So that's 12 months ago. The entire team then fell to bits and digne levels dropped as well
Shhh, let's just pretend we're getting a good deal.

It's not just me that sees the drop off in form. Most Evertonians saw it under Ancelotti and Benitez.

It's nonsense to suggest he's the same player of his first season.
But again you say 18 months he's been tripe, up until his injury under ancelotti last season he was one of our best players. We then went ultra defensive under ancelotti and then paelladyce and his game has been negatively effected. Seems to be a correlation there

so we’re we struggle is both ends of the pitch. gotta hope this new lad is good
The thing is the new lad has been signed with our current manager in place, it’s likely he will come in and play the way Benitez wants him to. Digne rocked the boat and if he isn’t going to play the way Benitez wants him to, he’s no good for Everton, what has probably surprised him there isn’t that many clubs lined up to be prep to sign him out right, Newcastle and Villa hardy big moves at this moment in time.

The stats are that Keane and Mina are the best defensive partnership we have at centre back at the moment
I think all of our CBS are ok if they play along side Mina, problem is he doesn’t play much. The rest aren’t very good leaders, so we could do with an experienced CB to cover for Mina.

Didnt we make a profit on him? Which is very rare for a Brands signing, I'm sure Lucas could be the only other player he signed weve profited on, if Villa take the bait that is
Made a profit? He was on sky high wages and produced nothing. Even if we made a couple million fee for him - which I doubt, his wages over the period he was here would be far higher.

The same digne that got skinned by leon bailey and scored an OG at villa park? I also read in that same article he is 46th worst in the league in the old stat dept for winning possession.
Digne has been part of the defence the last few seasons that has had a negative goal difference.
Everton really need to start addressing this more than someone who puts in some assists.
He cant defend.
Spot on, some sense at last. Dignes role isn’t purely attacking. People posting assists and crosses stats and ignoring fact he’s a defender in first place

But again you say 18 months he's been tripe, up until his injury under ancelotti last season he was one of our best players. We then went ultra defensive under ancelotti and then paelladyce and his game has been negatively effected. Seems to be a correlation there
He's not adaptable.

His problem.

I think all of our CBS are ok if they play along side Mina, problem is he doesn’t play much. The rest aren’t very good leaders, so we could do with an experienced CB to cover for Mina.

Yeah a leader is a glaring weakness to our squad, I wouldn’t even say Mina is a leader he just a good player

But, why are Newcastle and Villa the only clubs prepared to pay money for him ?

I certainly thought there would be a better calibre of club chasing his signature.
It would seem that Evertonians rate him higher than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.