2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is Digne has asked to leave. Digne is very active on social media. To me he got the hump 6 weeks ago when he was getting abuse. He also likes to big up his stats via Twitter even after defeats. And he also liked the fact that he was ruled out of a game with illness . I think this was also alluded to in the press conference about him looking at his own performances rather than the teams.

The fact is Digne has asked to leave. Digne is very active on social media. To me he got the hump 6 weeks ago when he was getting abuse. He also likes to big up his stats via Twitter even after defeats. And he also liked the fact that he was ruled out of a game with illness . I think this was also alluded to in the press conference about him looking at his own performances rather than the teams.
When did Digne ask to leave, or have I missed something?

I've read the press conference word for word, Benitez is chatting so much wham and contradiction it's unreal.

"Are you categorically saying that Lucas doesn't want to be at the football club?

Benitez: I've had a couple of conversations with him, he told me what he thought. So what do you expect the manager to do when he's thinking about leaving? I will say again, fans and former players, what would Peter Reid say if a player goes to the manager he doesn't want to be here?"

Doesnt confirm he's asked to leave.

Reidy : I wouldn't have had him on the bench.

"Just to play devil's advocate then, why was Lucas Digne named on the bench against Brighton?

Benitez: Because as a manager you have a responsibility to try and do what the best is for the club. Sometimes you play for that."

Already dropped him from the squad prior.

"Could you maybe explain a little bit about why Lucas Digne wants to leave the club?

Benitez: I have no explanation."

Really?

"So you feel like he's put himself ahead of the team then? That's what you're saying?

Benitez: No what I say is that a team that finished tenth, and someone is worried about the stats, it changes nothing for me like I said before."

Absolute full of holes. Brought Reidy in so get the fans on his side after the reception Digne got on the weekend. Reidy has batted it back. Utter snake oil salesman is Bentiez dragging Reidy into it to win points.
Really angers me the way he tried to use Peter Reid to deflect from his lies.

He really thinks fans are thick.

The Raffatrix Has You

It was the manager who made it public, if we lose out out on money it's his fault as far as I'm concerned. I've seen a lot of jobsworths in my time who put up with crap from those above, glad to say I've never been one. Seems to me that Digne has something in common with me.
Dont sell yourself short.

He was Ill for the Chelsea game, we started having our covid outbreak

Benitez literally quoted running stats after we were best 4-1 by Liverpool

I've read the press conference word for word, Benitez is chatting so much wham and contradiction it's unreal.

"Are you categorically saying that Lucas doesn't want to be at the football club?

Benitez: I've had a couple of conversations with him, he told me what he thought. So what do you expect the manager to do when he's thinking about leaving? I will say again, fans and former players, what would Peter Reid say if a player goes to the manager he doesn't want to be here?"

Doesnt confirm he's asked to leave.

Reidy : I wouldn't have had him on the bench.

"Just to play devil's advocate then, why was Lucas Digne named on the bench against Brighton?

Benitez: Because as a manager you have a responsibility to try and do what the best is for the club. Sometimes you play for that."

Already dropped him from the squad prior.

"Could you maybe explain a little bit about why Lucas Digne wants to leave the club?

Benitez: I have no explanation."

Really?

"So you feel like he's put himself ahead of the team then? That's what you're saying?

Benitez: No what I say is that a team that finished tenth, and someone is worried about the stats, it changes nothing for me like I said before."

Absolute full of holes. Brought Reidy in so get the fans on his side after the reception Digne got on the weekend. Reidy has batted it back. Utter snake oil salesman is Bentiez dragging Reidy into it to win points.
See your points. Obviously you don't believe a single word Benitez says, I get that. But what do you do when you're a manager and your defence is leaking 3 and 4 and 5 goals against mid table teams?

He has to drop players out of form or switch things around. Also, we don't see how these professionals respond in training before matches and on a Monday after a drubbing, we don't hear conversations between manager and player.

Some people already have their agenda and opinions on Benitez, but quick to defend Digne? For all we know he's spat his dummy out and fell out with the boss. So he's playing crap and now he's questioning the manager, that was never going to end well.

How does that work out in any other profession when a worker falls out with their manager? They will tell them to foff. And they get sacked or move on.

I'm happy he's gone, we want players who will fight for the team and the club not individuals looking to down tools and cry when things get tough.

I cant believe some are making a case for that rodent.

WTF has it come to when a player who wont take instruction, wont play and wants to leave is defended by fans?

Lost the plot some of you.

Compare this to how Pep handled the Bernardo Silva situation

Bernardo said, publicly, he wanted to leave City. He told Pep, too.

He’s been incredible this season. He still wants to leave, by all accounts, but he’s been absolutely incredible. That’s good management and good commitment from the player. Maybe it is easier when you play for a brilliant manager and at a good club, mind

Compare this to how Pep handled the Bernardo Silva situation

Bernardo said, publicly, he wanted to leave City. He told Pep, too.

He’s been incredible this season. He still wants to leave, by all accounts, but he’s been absolutely incredible. That’s good management and good commitment from the player. Maybe it is easier when you play for a brilliant manager and at a good club, mind
Pep just benched two nobheads and they accepted it and apologised and are back under team consideration.

Contrast that with the Judas we're punting: he wont accept a bollocking and wont play and demands a transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.