2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness, I would much rather we kept Digne and Mykolenko because depth and competition is good rather than a semi like-for-like swap.

However, I can appreciate the view that Digne is now twenty-eight and we may need the money to reinvest elsewhere, so it might be the right time to cash in

My only concern is that, while Digne hasn't been at his best for a while now, is Mykolenko ready here and now to step up and move into the XI? I hope so.

The competition aspect would be good for both of them - preparing the new lad and getting Digne to perform so we could push up the fee.
In an ideal world that would be good, but we ain’t in an ideal world. And we have to sell someone, well more than one really.

If we can improve other positions. IE RB, midfield, number 10? Than sacrificing a little bit at left back for a while, hopefully won’t be an issue.

I wonder if Rafael is thinking of going to wing backs, probably a quicker and cheaper way to get up the table, as in theory we should be harder to beat. Also wouid help Mykolenko and Patterson settle in, both seem good going forward. While I think Digne lacks pace and dynamism to play wing back imo.

Would also help Branthwaite settle into the team and Godfrey as well.

Benitez has trashed him to the point that no one will touch him

Benitez obviously wants him out and wont play him so its difficult to the other clubs to watch him. I realise he has been injured as well but once Benitez does not rate a player they are through the door which is just pure stubbornness on Benitez's part as he wont back down.

Talking bollox as usual the pair of yer lol

Benitez obviously wants him out and wont play him so its difficult to the other clubs to watch him. I realise he has been injured as well but once Benitez does not rate a player they are through the door which is just pure stubbornness on Benitez's part as he wont back down.
Difficult for clubs to watch him. Lol what do they need to watch he’s been in the prem for 4 years and playing for France

gtfo-done.gif

In an ideal world that would be good, but we ain’t in an ideal world. And we have to sell someone, well more than one really.

If we can improve other positions. IE RB, midfield, number 10? Than sacrificing a little bit at left back for a while, hopefully won’t be an issue.

I wonder if Rafael is thinking of going to wing backs, probably a quicker and cheaper way to get up the table, as in theory we should be harder to beat. Also wouid help Mykolenko and Patterson settle in, both seem good going forward. While I think Digne lacks pace and dynamism to play wing back imo.

Would also help Branthwaite settle into the team and Godfrey as well.

Yep, seems like the best formation with the personnel we will have available. Having 3 CB’s would also help with set-pieces, which has been a problem this season.

It’s has its limitations but has worked well for Chelsea, Spurs and Wolves recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.