2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
very good 1st half going forward
very bad 2nd half defending against lookman
overall we need greater consistency out of our better players like him

Top quality in the final third isn’t he. He’s set his own standards that we quite rightly now take for granted. In order to get top four one day, we need a lot more dignes all over the pitch. Consistently high performers

Top quality in the final third isn’t he. He’s set his own standards that we quite rightly now take for granted. In order to get top four one day, we need a lot more dignes all over the pitch. Consistently high performers
The one touch ball for DCL second and the half volley for Doucoure is absolute class.

If it was a player from the top 6 the media would be salivating, instead they'll right lazy rumours about Manchester United trying to raid us for him.

Love him. Seems to have adapted his game to the top flight now too and plays a bit like Chilwell, quite a relaxed vibe, bit of a playmaker from left full-back.

Tie him down with a 7 year contract

IMG_20201123_192636.jpg

Lucas Digné is an 'average plus' defender at best, who is decent going forward and getting a cross into the box. Lookman exposed his lack of defensive qualities, especially for the Fulham second goal.

Lucas Digné is an 'average plus' defender at best, who is decent going forward and getting a cross into the box. Lookman exposed his lack of defensive qualities, especially for the Fulham second goal.
I'm not sure if this is bait or not!

Digne is a better left back than 'average plus'. Personally I'd say he's 2nd or 3rd best left back in the PL currently. Him and Chilwell are the best left backs behind Robertson who, as hard as it is to say, is comfortably the best left back in the league.

Digne is a massive threat going forward and he's decent defensively. Every full back (apart from maybe Maldini) gets beaten by an opponent every now and then. Or caught out of position occasionally. To expect them not to is too high a hurdle to judge any full back or defender.

The other reason I think you can say he's a top quality left back is his ability to get into the current French national team on a regular basis. They are absolutely stacked with quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.