2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure he's better than Mendy. The only thing stopping Mendy is that one of his knees is ruined.

Mendy can’t defend. He’s a quick player with a great cross on him on a full sprint. He’s defensively suspect and can be untidy in possession. Guardiola even said him and Sane couldn’t play in the same team. I wouldn’t swap Digne for Mendy no chance.

Mendy can’t defend. He’s a quick player with a great cross on him on a full sprint. He’s defensively suspect and can be untidy in possession. Guardiola even said him and Sane couldn’t play in the same team. I wouldn’t swap Digne for Mendy no chance.
Definitely untidy in possession. Definitely. But Mendy can absolutely defend SD. You're being massively unfair on him.

And interestingly on your point about Guardiola, when fit he's chosen Mendy rather than Sane.

Would be surprised if someone didnt come in for him in the summer to be honest.

Hes been superb.

I would have had a huge Baines bias for him to have had to overcome.

No chance any club would pay what he'd cost. Only 1 year into a contract an arguably our best player, we wouldn't entertain bids under £50m imo.

Mendy is immense you mentaller. If his legs weren't made of pavlova, he'd be the best LB in the league

I still wouldn’t swap him for Digne MK.

Neither would I, but only because of the pavlova knees

We know he’s probably our best player but that doesn’t automatically mean he will want to go, I’m pretty sure he’s enjoying playing football, the reason he came here is because he was sick of wasting his career on a bench of a big team, so I can’t see him risking that happening again in a crucial part of his career development.

I just get the feeling after seeing the clubs he’s joined in the past that he’s really not hooped anymore about joining the biggest teams as let’s face it he would not have came here otherwise, he’s been there and done it.

We know he’s probably our best player but that doesn’t automatically mean he will want to go, I’m pretty sure he’s enjoying playing football, the reason he came here is because he was sick of wasting his career on a bench of a big team, so I can’t see him risking that happening again in a crucial part of his career development.

I just get the feeling after seeing the clubs he’s joined in the past that he’s really not hooped anymore about joining the biggest teams as let’s face it he would not have came here otherwise, he’s been there and done it.
You have your players that chase glory and wages, and you have your players that feel winning championships from the bench of an unchallenged team are hollow. I think Digne is just happy to play footy honestly.

Is that "our" Zooms in there as well? As I dont follow French football, (I barely follow English football, lets face it), has he regained his place playing here, or was he already a regular?
Think he's been in most of their recent squads, but definitely isn't first choice at the moment

Delighted for him being back in the France set up. A great example of a talented player who was wasted at a giant club and it didn't work out.

It shows that players can be good enough to play at a big club but like Salah, Lukaku etc, it doesn't always work out and we can capitalise on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.