2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nearly forgotten about Baines, my favorite player in the recent era and pound for pound probably the best. Bainesy may move in January along with Jags can't see either getting any game time especially Jags.
Wouldn't disagree with you regarding Baines leaving.

But also wouldn't be surprised if he stuck it out and finished up here, would be nice to have him and i certainty wouldn't let him go unless he wanted to.

I would have assumed Baines would be first choice for the FA Cup rounds (however long they last - unless we get drawn against a top team and need pace there).

..a transfer strategy isn’t complicated, it’s a lot to do with bringing in better than you have. Digne is an example of that.
Silva has proved how ruthless he is with Jags, Baines and Schnerderlin not getting a look in. Probably only paper talk, but we were linked with Wan Bissaka today with Lookman going the other way. Alternatively I’d love us to offer Lookman to land Werner which would significantly improve our forward line.

I've been really impressed.

Suits our style, him and Bernard doing the Baines/Pienaar role really well.

The ability to retain the ball up front is why the likes of Sigurdsson have improved so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.