Votes: 83 25.4%
  • Nick Barmby

Votes: 78 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate alongside williams and Funes Mori with kenny at right wingback mate

Can say it's unfair to play Kenny, but reckon the lad himself would bite your hand off for the chance to play in this game - and playing at wingback there's a bit less onus on him if he makes a mistake costing us - in many ways its why coleman has looked better playing that role - as when he lets someone in behind him which he does have a habit off at times it's not costing us as badly with holgate there to cover.

Understand what your saying, but in many ways your saying - we should go with a team we know will be given fits by them, rather than one that may as well - but also has the possibility of performing well

bit like the should barry play debate really - we play him we know exactly what will happen, so why play him?

I just think it's a big weight to dump on Kenny's shoulders, especially as the usual section of the fan base will be ready to swing the axe on him should he not play a blinder

I'm sure his attitude would be spot on and he'd be up for it, but it'd be asking a lot of him. Had he got some minutes already this season (Like Holgate, Lookman, DCL, Davies etc) I might think differently, but I just think throwing him into a Derby when he hasn't played this season isn't the right decision at this moment in time, and I feel Koeman will think similar

Normally I'd be all for him getting a go, but he'll be coming into a big game cold, and knives will definitely be out for him if he doesn't do well, and he doesn't deserve that

I just think it's a big weight to dump on Kenny's shoulders, especially as the usual section of the fan base will be ready to swing the axe on him should he not play a blinder

I'm sure his attitude would be spot on and he'd be up for it, but it'd be asking a lot of him. Had he got some minutes already this season (Like Holgate, Lookman, DCL, Davies etc) I might think differently, but I just think throwing him into a Derby when he hasn't played this season isn't the right decision at this moment in time, and I feel Koeman will think similar

Normally I'd be all for him getting a go, but he'll be coming into a big game cold, and knives will definitely be out for him if he doesn't do well, and he doesn't deserve that

You may be right mate, but i disagree about fnas jumping on him if he did play poorly, we usually are boss with any young lad for a bit before we then start becoming utter nobs about them.

Just think the lads ready, was interesting to see him talking just a week ago about how much making the bench for the last Derby meant to him and gave him confidence but he really wanted to be playing in those types of game etc

Also think there is a certain buffer to the young lads coming into the games atm due to us having 4-5 this season who've stepped up and done at the worst decent and at times amazingly well (Davies) - having 3 scouse lads playing in a Derby, just think that will give us the extra bit of desire and passion we have been lacking in this game for far too long

I woudnt be opposed to seeing Valencia given a start with Lukaku, going by his recent yet brief performances he's got around the pitch well and chipped in with a few goals. For me, it could be an option worth conseidering.

You may be right mate, but i disagree about fnas jumping on him if he did play poorly, we usually are boss with any young lad for a bit before we then start becoming utter nobs about them.

You say that, but I don't think it rings true

Just take a look at the DCL thread following on from the Derby match earlier in the season

I just think the usual suspects would be demanding a culling, even if he entered a merely average performance

Obviously if he does play I'll be rooting for him, but I don't think he will

That being said, Koeman has erred about playing Holgate since the Stoke game so you never know...

Last edited:
We should just assemble a special unit squad purposefully for this game, they don't play any other apart from the two derbies. Ba and Gayle upfront. That coke lad from Sevilla in midfield. Just get anyone who hasn't utterly crapped themselves against them and shove them together. Even Niasse could play.

You say that, but I don't think it rings true

Just take a look at the DCL thread following on from the Derby match earlier in the season

I just think the usual suspects would be demanding a culling, even if he entered a merely average performance

Obviously if he does play I'll be rooting for him, but I don't think he will

That being said, Koeman has erred about playing Holgate since the Stoke game so you never know...

Was more talking about the fans in the ground mate, lets face it, on social media your always gonna get people slagging people off no matter what

Also think there 'initially' at least is greater patience for a home grown academy lad rather than one whose been bought in (obviously that doesn't last but initially think it rings true)

I don't know why I do this to myself. I was googling Barkley to see if there were any articles re him not playing for England and came across one in the Express about him missing out on "their" combined Everton/Liverpool XI for this weeks derby.

Joel is in goal (but if the RS had even a half decent option I'm certain he would have been picked in his place). Apart from him we had 3 out of 10 outfield players which were Williams, Gana and Rom. Milner at left back ahead of Baineslol. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt with Clyne in that they would have picked Seamus there if fit. Wijnaldum in midfield ahead of Schneidslol.

I can understand to a degree why Barks was left out, although you could also argue that he is the guy in form. But that trio of Coutinho, Mane and Lallana are literally the only players I would even consider taking from this current Liverpool squad.

But the article is so biased towards the filth it's untrue. Don't know why I'm surprised tbh.

I'm having genuine nightmares about Barry playing you know, honestly our managers just have this mad blind spot with him where they can't see the problems it gives us against high energy opposition that play at a quick tempo. Just when you think we're moving on and leaving the past behind, BANG Barry starts and the whole team forget how to play football.

I'm having genuine nightmares about Barry playing you know, honestly our managers just have this mad blind spot with him where they can't see the problems it gives us against high energy opposition that play at a quick tempo. Just when you think we're moving on and leaving the past behind, BANG Barry starts and the whole team forget how to play football.

We need Morgan to be fit and hope koeman doesn't start with Barry aswell it's gotta be gana and morgs. Not Barry I repeat not Barry!

Barry has shown he can still do it against lesser sides, especially at home, but away against a dangerous attacking side like Liverpool I'd be exceedingly worried to see him playing

Barry has shown he can still do it against lesser sides, especially at home, but away against a dangerous attacking side like Liverpool I'd be exceedingly worried to see him playing

We only need to look at the home derby as an example. We matched them in the first half, then as soon as I saw Barry emerge at half time I knew instantly that we'd spend the rest of the game hanging on. We just couldn't get the ball off them, we were as good as down to 10 men.

Status
Not open for further replies.