Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said to my arl fella yesterday, all this talk of this being a poor RS team is true but we are worse and it is nailed on we dont have any pace and have absolutely nothing going forward. Not once bar hitting the post did we look like scoring, a lame 'attempt on target' from Iwobi, they just fall apart at the pit and it is embarrassing. Big Sean has got his work cut out with this lot, I hope he has them into FF this morning because they need to be prepared for Leeds this weekend, a massive massive game.

Sure its been mentioned and apologies if so, but:

Where was the passion(apart from that handbags few seconds)?
Where were the hard challenges?
Where was the fight?
Where was Spirit?
Where was the get in your face attitude?

One of the easiest Derby matches a ref will ever have to ref!
We have rolled over and had our belly tickled too many times.

This team has none of above in them.

Sorry, if this is just an echo chamber of what's already been said but its frustration, sadness, disappointment and embarrassment at what we are!

Since we won 4-0 at Anfield in 1964 we have had 63 league and cup visits there without scoring 3 goals in a game. No club holds such a ongoing run of lack of goals verses another in the top flight.

I said to my arl fella yesterday, all this talk of this being a poor RS team is true but we are worse and it is nailed on we dont have any pace and have absolutely nothing going forward. Not once bar hitting the post did we look like scoring, a lame 'attempt on target' from Iwobi, they just fall apart at the pit and it is embarrassing. Big Sean has got his work cut out with this lot, I hope he has them into FF this morning because they need to be prepared for Leeds this weekend, a massive massive game.
Please sort out that defence (Godfrey and Patterson in) and no Simms...He's League 1 level, maybe.

Im surprised more isnt being said about the stewards jumping in to a pitch melee.
Is that their remit? I dont think so.
From what i could see they were pushing our players.

I went into this game not expecting better than a 0-0 draw, but more likely a defeat without scoring so I'm not surprised at the result. I've voted for Ellis Simms for MoM as I didn't expect anyone else to pick him, so am surprised at how many votes he got.

The team is poor. I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

But if the ball doesn't hit the post and we go on to win everybody is in heaven today.

It's small margins.

Not great was it !?!

But the team that cost £300 million beats the team that cost £100 million is not a shock.

At goodison we get tilt that balance a little.

Other than that, these games go how they should these days more.
Hard to forget just how much we have spent since Moshiri came in, using that cash excuse just doesn’t make sense but if it helps you cope.

Far too much backward passing again last night. Lack of responsibility from players to try and effect the game. One game and they revert back to the levels that got a manager the sack.

When was the last time these lads bothered to perform 2 weeks in a row? You can almost be sure they will not turn up the week after a good result. I don't know what it is but they seem to get far too carried away based on one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.