Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part of this for me is it means we dont or might not get a chance to get an away day to a ground we never normally play at, rather have a one off away day at Mansfield, Notts Forest or County, something like that

Bbc:

The Merseyside derby gives Liverpool the chance to correct one of cup football's more unusual statistics - that the Reds have never beaten Everton in an FA Cup tie at Anfield.

In fact, the last time the Toffees lost at that ground in either the FA Cup or League Cup was in 1892, when Anfield was their home stadium and they were beaten by Burnley.

We usually beat them in the early rounds. In fact I think we've always beaten them when we've faced them in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round.

I’ve decided that getting drawn away to Chelsea and then Liverpool in the cups is all boohockey as we wouldn’t win either of the cups anyway because we are crappola mate.

I’ve decided that getting drawn away to Chelsea and then Liverpool in the cups is all boohockey as we wouldn’t win either of the cups anyway because we are crappola mate.

I would rather get dicked early if we are gonna get dicked by the first decent team we face.

I mean its better than getting dicked by Norwich or Tranmere innit.

COYB.

Allardyce gets three goes at these. I cant see him not winning at least one.

I reckon we got just the right manager at the right time for these games.

You reckon wrong.

The hope is that by the time of the Goodison game we'll have players back and they'll be swamped with games, because we're losing the game coming up and we're out of the FA Cup. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

I get that people will try and portray some optimism, but no - we are tailor made for Liverpool to put four or five past us on a good day, and two or three past on a bad day. No pace, 'led' by bottlers; a minor miracle required to take it back to Goodison for a replay, which will be the aim.

This is my thoughts about it too. Season is a write off anyway, let's just focus on recovering and finishing as high as we can in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.