Lily Barnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat me to the post, so I'll delete my other thread

This woman was my nans 100th nearly 10 years ago in Claughton village. Had a tour a month later and then realised she did the tours. Lovely woman, summed up the community vibes that Everton are so good at. Thoughts with her family.

this makes me sad. My wife daughter (13) and I went to the Wolves game in August and took the tour the next day. Lily was our guide.

It's always one of life's pleasures, to listen to someone hold court who is so thoroughly steeped in knowledge on a subject. But to meet Lily, who on top of her phenomenal memory was just so warm and friendly, it really was a remarkable day.

I don't have it on my phone, my daughter does and she's at school, but we have a picture of the three of us sitting at the desk in the press room where Dyche takes his press conferences. Lily took it.

It's hard to explain to other Americans sometimes, how I fell in love with this game, this club, and this city. But all that I'd need to really have them feel it in their bones, is to have them take the tour with her.

If anyone who worked with her at the club, or any of her family and friends are reading this, I'm so sorry for your loss, please know how much we enjoyed meeting her.

this makes me sad. My wife daughter (13) and I went to the Wolves game in August and took the tour the next day. Lily was our guide.

It's always one of life's pleasures, to listen to someone hold court who is so thoroughly steeped in knowledge on a subject. But to meet Lily, who on top of her phenomenal memory was just so warm and friendly, it really was a remarkable day.

I don't have it on my phone, my daughter does and she's at school, but we have a picture of the three of us sitting at the desk in the press room where Dyche takes his press conferences. Lily took it.

It's hard to explain to other Americans sometimes, how I fell in love with this game, this club, and this city. But all that I'd need to really have them feel it in their bones, is to have them take the tour with her.

If anyone who worked with her at the club, or any of her family and friends are reading this, I'm so sorry for your loss, please know how much we enjoyed meeting her.
Lovely

Status
Not open for further replies.