Lescott : would you have him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone else said this earlier and its doing my head in. The amount of money City paid had nothing to do with Lescott's behaviour. Hell you could argue we could have got more if Lescott hadn't made it abundantly clear that his time with us was done in the Arsenal game. He had likely forced a transfer prior to that game (especially given our finances) but we were holding out to cash in -- it was clear after that game that we lost our leverage in negotiation because his status here was now untenable. If City weren't so impatient they should have knocked 5m off the offer after that game and said take it or leave it ... we would have taken it.

Another one hanging that result on Lescott. He didn't not play in that game we were just poor. He forced a transfer by handing in a transfer request and moping around a lot and making it clear he wanted out. Moyes then sold him and we got 24mil.
He could of given us a few more years and done a Pienaar and gone for nothing... That would be much better apparently.

Mate I don't disagree with your basic point but what football players can you think of who have had a big offer turned down and not agitated for a move or ultimately moved ?
As I mentioned earlier you are going to have less publicly known instances of this because it never gets to the press stage. If Man U called up Baines' agent this summer (or Arsenal and Jags) and said "fancy a move?" and he thought about it and then said "nah" then we don't hear as much about that (if anything) as we do when a player wants a move and the hype machine kicks into gear. Once the hype starts (in full force not just the connect the dots media stories that sometimes come out) then yes a move is very likely.

moyes would have him back as would 99 percent of the players l .

as usual I agree with you mate . Moyes has fell out with how many players and then managed to move on ? Look at his relationship with Duncan which has been very 'up and down' . As for the players I doubt there is one who cares at all about lescott moving on as in his situation the vast majority would do exactly the same.

Sheeds can you confirm or deny there has been interest in Fellaini ?

He's not looked after by any of the lads I know nor are they associates of the people I know so it'd be speculation on my behalf, I've certainly not heard of any bids but interest is common in most players .

Mate I don't disagree with your basic point but what football players can you think of who have had a big offer turned down and not agitated for a move or ultimately moved ? I don't mean payers like kaka at a huge club turning down a move to city but a player like Arteta , lescott , Rooney who have one the same and got on with it . There clearly are examples but I can't really think of any (many) , also how many players have taken a wage drop in normal circumstances ? Take Arteta as an example it's widely rumoured he took a wage drop but his signing on fee took it above his old basic and bonuses hammer it .

If your looking for examples by the way he may have played across the park but I'm told crouch is an absolute gentleman who has behaved pretty decently when faced by moves and over wages so like isn't I'm sure there are a couple of examples but I can guarantee you they are exception not the rule.

If you hear that someone you know has cheated on their partner you tend to shrug and say 'it happens'. If someone cheats on you it's likely your hurt will feel profound. While I agree that we should keep in mind the rarity of loyalty in football when millions of pounds are on offer, the personal feeling can be similar. These are people you talk about, worry about, throughout the week - people who pretty much have your happiness in their hands most Saturday afternoons. It's hard.

Still, an undeniable point: how many non-CL teams have top class players stay when bigger clubs are interested? Le Tissier? Channel Island weirdo who was scared of London and salaried in cattle. Gerrard? Neaderthal cuckold who bought into some bullsh*t narrative of him being a legend: retired without a domestic title. Can't think of any other recent examples...

Status
Not open for further replies.