2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the last lines of that guardian article:

One of us. They were the last three words the chairman Bill Kenwright used in his tribute to Baines on Monday. So true, and it should worry Ancelotti, Coleman and the Everton hierarchy how few of them are left.

I'm not sure it matters if only a few of them are left - we may need a revamp of players to bring in a new attitude and refresh the spirit. In the best days of Moyes, only Baines and Osman were blues, and the rest of them - especially Cahill, Arteta, Distin, Jags - were converted blues, Coleman quickly became one of us - all sold by the amazing spirit. Even Cahill and Arteta have recently reminded us of how great the team spirit was at the time. So we can create that culture and team spirit again, with a mix of blues and those sold by the idea of Everton.

Thank you Baines for getting rid of that absolute FRAUD, A man who sweet talks but can't deliver the goods.

Martinez: looks back at a career with trophies and international acclaim.

Baines: retires with the "ONE OF US" bedsheet banner.

Baines:

He may have been a decent 'wing half' (certainly not a decent defender), but here's what he goes into retirement with in terms of winner's medals:

il_fullxfull.2207492520_fps7.jpg

Massive bank account though.

Baines:

He may have been a decent 'wing half' (certainly not a decent defender), but here's what he goes into retirement with in terms of winner's medals:

Baines 47m in wages - No trophys, highest weekly wage 75k
Martinez 10m payoff from Everton - 1 FA Cup, highest weekly wage 15k

I know which I would prefer.

You are genuinely buzzing that one of our longest serving players failed to win a trophy with us and a manager who’s a footnote in our club’s history won one with Wigan Athletic aren’t you.

Martinez has numerous Everton records, he collected a load during his last season. Including the worst home record in Everton's history. Magic stuff and great memories.

You seem to have accidentally pluralised the word "Trophy" there.

He might have won a play off with Swansea or something alike.

Martinez has numerous Everton records, he collected a load during his last season. Including the worst home record in Everton's history. Magic stuff and great memories.

He might have won a play off with Swansea or something alike.

That was that other genius, Brendan Rogers.

Baines:

This is the type of stuff Kopites do on Twitter to wind Evertonians up.

Proper weird using the fact one of our own players didn’t win a trophy with the club he gave the best years of his career to.

Never seen any Evertonian in my entire life revel in the fact one of our own players didn’t win a trophy with us.

Kopite behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.