2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are mad mate, Baines was never meant to be challenging for that ball. Just cos he was fairly near it doesn’t mean he has to make it his. Keane was there, it was his ball. What do you think would happen if two of our players went for every ball?
Keane was drawn away from Kiminez because Holgate had got sucked under the ball and he had to half shuffle between the two Wolves attackers. Baines was there and should have seen what was happening and moved to help out his CB. You do now he is allowed to challenge for the ball dont you?

Keane was drawn away from Kiminez because Holgate had got sucked under the ball and he had to half shuffle between the two Wolves attackers. Baines was there and should have seen what was happening and moved to help out his CB. You do now he is allowed to challenge for the ball dont you?
Lol
Mate, you literally have no idea about the game. Baines was where he should have been, his 2 cb’s missed their man/ball and you expect leight, in a split second to pick them up?!?! It’s laughable, he has 25 years of experience and you have your sky remote. This is another of your “obsession gets the better of your mind” type posts.

Their wing backs didn't really push all the way up either. I can see Digne starting against the top six sides when we need more legs/ better defending.

Thought he rolled back the years yesterday and played very well indeed. Digne will have to fight to get the shirt off of our hipster hero.

Not buying this narrative that Baines was any different yesterday than he was in preseason or last year. He’s just pure class and very consistent.

Still being underrated by non-Evertonians after all these years I can handle; but footy manager biffs on here underrating him is inexcusable.

How come when he has a poor game this thread is loaded for days.

He's was excellent again today but last post was Monday.

He's nowhere near finished. Nowhere near.
I fear for Richarlison if he has to do the work of two men on that side for much longer. He;s covering huge swathes of the park in order to attack and defend. If Digne is in behind him I think that tough task becomes less burdensome.

Did I watch a completely different game to some people on here? Last week and this, Baines looked fresh and full of ideas. Yep, not 23 years old anymore but he did more than his bit over the last two games. Richarlison always had Baines as an option to his left or just behind. I can't be that mad as the commentators I was talking to make quite a few comments about how well he was playing. But then what to do ex-premier league players know.

Status
Not open for further replies.