Leighton Baines & Marouane Fellaini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've kept Baines and got £4m more for Fellaini than we might've last month. Granted, we'll never see that money again, but it's about as good as anyone could've realistically hoped in this window.

We've kept Baines and got £4m more for Fellaini than we might've last month. Granted, we'll never see that money again, but it's about as good as anyone could've realistically hoped in this window.
Laughed at that :lol:

I couldn't give a **** about the club's accounts tbh, I expect the money brought in from players to be given to the manager, especially when he says we're in a great financial position, don't need to sell and especially when the chairman says he'll actually provide his own money to the manager. Well, we all know that was bollocks, didn't we?

I know it's not popular here to praise the Management of Everton but I have to say from my perspective - Congratulations on a fantastic Window.

We've strengthened the squad undeniably, kept Baines (our most valuable player from a footballing perspective) and strengthened the financial position of the club, all in all a good night's business. And before I get shot down for saying it, it is important that our finances are strengthened even with greater tv revenues in the future.

Our ability to compete for talent in future windows depends on our relative financial strength and the quality of our team manager - it seems that Martinez has not only performed well, but is a manager that can attract talent to the club.

Feeling very optimistic for the coming months....

Great post.

Hear, hear.

I know it's not popular here to praise the Management of Everton but I have to say from my perspective - Congratulations on a fantastic Window.

We've strengthened the squad undeniably, kept Baines (our most valuable player from a footballing perspective) and strengthened the financial position of the club, all in all a good night's business. And before I get shot down for saying it, it is important that our finances are strengthened even with greater tv revenues in the future.

Our ability to compete for talent in future windows depends on our relative financial strength and the quality of our team manager - it seems that Martinez has not only performed well, but is a manager that can attract talent to the club.

Agree with this

Fantastic post!! Agree 100% ;)

BTMzNf_CUAAk4DN.jpg

Barry will be free in the summer. We've sold a striker who was third choice, frequently injured and only starting finding the net in the last 18 months for a surprisingly high sum and brought in, albeit temporarily, a proper centre forward.

He'll also be 33 years old and wanting big money.

The Anichebe sale was fine, not bothered by that in the slightest.

The issue is that come next Summer we'll lose Lukaku, Barry, and Deulofeu, and Distin will more than likely be put out to pasture. Short term our squad is looking great, but if we don't spend some big money in January or next Summer we'll be in trouble.

Not being a doom monger, but it's worth remembering before we pat Blue Bill on the back.

AAED367D7AC0423D909008C2861FC1F6.ashx

Fellaini: This is my dream

After completing his transfer from Everton, new signing Marouane Fellaini spoke exclusively to MUTV. Here's what the Belgian had to say...

How do you feel now you’re a Manchester United player?
I’m very, very happy. It’s a big moment for me. I waited for a long time, I’ve worked hard for this and I’m very happy to join this big club, this great club. I hope to do everything for this club.

When you knew Manchester United wanted you, did you always want to come here?
Of course. It’s the biggest club in the world so of course I wanted to join this club. I tried everything to join the club.

What’s today been like? It went right for the deadline…
It’s been difficult, a very long day. I waited to the end… I know the situation, but this day has been very long.

You’ve played and scored at Old Trafford, but what will it mean to run out with a red shirt on?
It’s a big stadium, a big club. I hope I can score a lot of goals for Manchester United.

What do you hope you can achieve as a Manchester United player?
When I was young it was a dream to play for Manchester United. Now I’m here so I’ll try to give my best to the club. I want to win trophies. That’s the most important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.