Leicester City v Everton. 16th August at 15.00.

Who shall prosper

• Der Foxes

Votes: 19 4.2%
  • Der Toffees

Votes: 315 69.5%
  • Crap draw that lad

Votes: 119 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry shouldnt of even been on a yellow in the first place.
Their defender Moore, should of went because he was last man with that handball no way Konchesky was getting there first.

In the cold light of day, I suppose it was an encouraging performance, but I have got to say it is getting tiresome all these points we drop when we are the better side. Lukaku needs another striker to take the burden off him solely. Tough six games coming now.

Yes. He was the obvious candidate to come off, but what do you replace him with? If he's serious about Long he should have been named a sub.

Strongly agree with the bolded bit. He is OK at sideway passes but any forward pass is usually inaccurate. What I cannot understand is Jags and Distin used to mop up long balls a couple of years ago, it was there bread and butter. Stones is not great at RB but would still prefer him to hibbert. I was crying out for subs earlier as we let Leicester back in the game but I was perturbed at Peinaar coming off as he was a real threat for us. We shot ourselves in the foot by not attempting to kill the game off and we are not strong enough defensively to see a game out.

Exactly. I do not understand why Martinez chose to take off our best player on the pitch. If Mirallas was coming on, he should have taken McGeady off. God McGeady did absolutely nothing in the second half. He tried too hard to beat their men and lost the ball for a couple of times.

Their defender Moore, should of went because he was last man with that handball no way Konchesky was getting there first.

In the cold light of day, I suppose it was an encouraging performance, but I have got to say it is getting tiresome all these points we drop when we are the better side. Lukaku needs another striker to take the burden off him solely. Tough six games coming now.
This. Have calmed down and trying to focus on the positives. We can still look devastating in the final third. But our defense is a worry.

Here's a good sign: posters here are painting this as something like the coming of the Apocalypse because last season has raised our standards. That's certainly a good thing, and for all the disappointment of today, Everton were nowhere near as awful as some people are saying. We got a score-draw away from home against the kind of team that will play its socks off at the beginning of the season.

he was lucky not to be off, he was continually fouling them to break up attacks. he's done the same in pre-season, he was deeper last year and his positioning was much better but so far this season he hasn't done that for me.

I thought he was comfortable until Schluup came on. He played there for Barnsley and once for England when he came on as sub. He is still learning and it will take another season or 2 but he still shows enough to be classed as a class player.
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Disappointing result as we left them back into the game :-( First half did some good work, especially down left side but in second half, tried to be over elaborate with play! Tiredness is not a reason for draw as their trained professional footballers so get them match fit before season ffs!
Defence all over the place so lots of work to be done before next week :-(

Last season with our top points total in premier league we missed out on Champions League due to draws against "lesser" teams and started this season in the same way :-( No disrespect to Leicester but WE should always beat teams of their level, even if we had a team of Hibberts and Osmans :)

Even the commentators where saying how we looked out on our feet. First half we showed how easy it should have been to take 3 points. 2nd half we could have easily been beat by 1 or even 2. If they had just a little more quality in front of goal we would.

I don't know how we're going to cope with Arsenal and Chelsea's passing game. We look like we're probably a good month away from being match fit, or match fit enough to be able to cope with 90mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.