Leicester City v Everton. 16th August at 15.00.

Who shall prosper

• Der Foxes

Votes: 19 4.2%
  • Der Toffees

Votes: 315 69.5%
  • Crap draw that lad

Votes: 119 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we tried to play out the game. That is not a usual Martinez trait. If we showed more intent then we could have had a few more easily. Our defence looks awful and vunerable and we didn't threaten there goal until they scored and that is what made me disappointed. On a side note we still don't look anywhere near fit.

When we attacked them we looked dangerous. We let them get a foothold in the game

Lot of positives in first half, especially Pienaar and Baines looking back to their best with Naismith & McGeady doing well.

We ran out of energy in the second half and let them back into it with our subs too late.

Ah well, could have been worse but we'll have to get our fitness levels back up and sort out the shakiness at the back.

Stones dead poor as was Lukaku. Terrible second half from us, purely because we sat back on that 2-1 lead probably because half the lads were trying to pretend they weren't knackered. Very negative second half indeed.

But their two goals were incredibly fortunate, exactly the same thing happened first game last season against Norwich though so history repeating itself. Ah well.

We where unlucky in that game.

Today we where lucky to get a point. The frustrating thing was that it was all our own doing. Not having them ready for the start of the season is just criminal.

its more than just 2 points lost. We have a terrible fixture list to start and we need to make sure we win the ones we should to start

Defense was poor, far too many opportunities given from panicking from our own mistakes, a better side will put far more in the back of the net with the space that was given today too. Lukaku was terrible but he's clearly not match fit and it's hardly his fault he's been given an entire game instead of being eased back into it. I think it was clear there needed to be some subs brought on and Pienaar off for Mirallas wasn't it for me.

On a positive note, at least we didn't lose. Hopefully they'll quickly get up to speed and out of pre-season form.

whenever pienaar gets subbed off, we concede an equalizer. been happening for years. shouldn't take him off when we are ahead.

leicester are going to struggle to score this season if they're going rely on ricochets for their chances, same as norwich last season.

pretty gutting that, not sure about the coleman sub, thought it was wrong, but i don't think we went with 5 at the back like i thought it meant. barry has shown his age a bit since he came back, been nowhere near the player of last season, may take him a bit of time to get back to the required level, but he was never positionally sound today and we did have gaps in that hole.

leicester never deserved a point from that game though, i thought they'd be better than that.

Admittedly I thought they played pretty open footie. I can understand the draw, this was always going to be tricky. The free kick defense is getting beyond old now though.

Well done leicester. Kept playing. We looked knackered in the last ten minutes--particularly Stones and (surprisingly? unsurprisingly?) Distin. We have to work on defending set pieces. Disappointing to draw after leading twice. It is always risky trying to see out game when you are only leading by 1. The definition of early days, but obviously we won't break the top 4 playing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.