Legends of Goodison Park Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Moores - made it all possible, oh and if possible, can we get the taxi in the background.
Bobby Collins
Roy Vernon.
Tony Kay
Tommy Jackson
Alan Harper
Joe Parkinson.

John Moores - made it all possible, oh and if possible, can we get the taxi in the background.
Bobby Collins
Roy Vernon.
Tony Kay
Tommy Jackson
Alan Harper
Joe Parkinson.

With only 29 spots, there's just no room for players like Parkinson and Harper. Once you add the usual suspects + the 85 team and the few players that have already been drawn then it is already maxed out by my calculations. With squad photos usually there are 3 keepers but I have just added 2 so far (presume West would be the 3rd if there was). So here is my heavily attack leaning squad:

Dean
Latchford
Sharp
Gray
GV
Ball
Harvey
Labone
Ratcliffe
TG Jones
Southall
Segar
Wilson
Reid
Bracewell
Mountfield
Sheedy
Steven
Stevens
Psycho Pat
Trebilcock
Watson
Ferguson
Cahill
Baines
Young
Royle
Rooney
Hickson

And Kendall is the manager.

Ok Trebilcock probably wont end up in it as it's legends of Goodison Park, but I thought he might be a worthy inclusion for what he did at Wembley in 66, And I haven't even included Lineker, Kanchelskis, Wright...oh my head hurts now. Impossible job.

I voted for anyone who was involved in silverware, sadly no place for Cahill, I've even left Watson and Ferguson out as 95 apart that era was rubbish. None of Moyes boys made it although Baines should as he was outstanding in his position for a couple of seasons.

With only 29 spots, there's just no room for players like Parkinson and Harper. Once you add the usual suspects + the 85 team and the few players that have already been drawn then it is already maxed out by my calculations. With squad photos usually there are 3 keepers but I have just added 2 so far (presume West would be the 3rd if there was). So here is my heavily attack leaning squad:

Dean
Latchford
Sharp
Gray
GV
Ball
Harvey
Labone
Ratcliffe
TG Jones
Southall
Segar
Wilson
Reid
Bracewell
Mountfield
Sheedy
Steven
Stevens
Psycho Pat
Trebilcock
Watson
Ferguson
Cahill
Baines
Young
Royle
Rooney
Hickson

Ok Trebilcock probably wont end up in it as it's legends of Goodison Park, but I thought he might be a worthy inclusion for what he did at Wembley in 66, And I haven't even included Lineker, Kanchelskis, Wright...oh my head hurts now. Impossible job.
It's really hard to chose I know going through that list and I had forgotten him as well but what a player who's deserves to be on there Adrian Heath

Dean
Latchford
Sharp
Gray
GV
Ball
Harvey
Labone
Ratcliffe
TG Jones
Southall
Segar
Wilson
Reid
Bracewell
Mountfield
Sheedy
Steven
Stevens
Psycho Pat
Trebilcock
Watson
Ferguson
Cahill
Baines
Young
Royle
Rooney
Hickson

I agree, it is an impossible job, who do you leave out? but however deserving, the whole of the 84-85 team??

It is as you say, very attack minded, you've 9 CFs...and the GV in twice, which when fixed gives you space for Kendall the player too...and thus the Whole ;) Trinity
It is a squad (if a poor chairman is to be swerved, then a great chairman must be an essential part of the Squad / Club) so why only one manager. Catterick collected more 1st div points in the 60s than ANY of the usual suspects
More questions than answers, as per usual with anything EFC

I agree, it is an impossible job, who do you leave out? but however deserving, the whole of the 84-85 team??

It is as you say, very attack minded, you've 9 CFs...and the GV in twice, which when fixed gives you space for Kendall the player too...and thus the Whole ;) Trinity
It is a squad (if a poor chairman is to be swerved, then a great chairman must be an essential part of the Squad / Club) so why only one manager. Catterick collected more 1st div points in the 60s than ANY of the usual suspects
More questions than answers, as per usual with anything EFC

I put in Sandy Young to go with the later Alex. ;)

The thing is that 85 team gave us our first European trophy and very nearly the domestic double and what is considered to be the best game ever at Goodison. If we had more success then that team wouldn't seem as important to our history. We could probably lose a couple of them but most would be in it on merit anyhow?

I agree what you say about the manager, we could have had 'The Cat' and put Kendall the player in, but he has already been drawn front and centre. Harvey is basically in there as player and coach too, but there is little point in having them twice in the picture.

Like you say it would be good to have Moores/Carter but then it makes the remaining selection even harder.

Some great shouts already. Is it wrong to suggest Seamus Coleman as he comes across as the last of a dying breed. Has been equally as great as Leighton Baines. It's a shame none of these lads of recent times have won a trophy. Couldn't think of any player more deserving than Cahill, Jags, Baines and Coleman.

On another note, Tony Kay?

Some great shouts already. Is it wrong to suggest Seamus Coleman as he comes across as the last of a dying breed. Has been equally as great as Leighton Baines. It's a shame none of these lads of recent times have won a trophy. Couldn't think of any player more deserving than Cahill, Jags, Baines and Coleman.

On another note, Tony Kay?

A few people have said him - 50 odd games ends it for me.

He's on the vote like.

Status
Not open for further replies.