Match Thread Leeds v Everton : Tuesday 30th August 2022 : KO 8pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another game thrown away from basic errors.

How between Coady and Tarkowski they can't organise someone to sit between Davies and Iwobi when Onana pushes on to try and win the flick on's from goal kicks and free kicks is beyond me, whole reason the goal happened is because they finally had space to let a winger cut inside uncontested.

Both teams had chances to win it and wasted good opportunities.

Likely going to be 6 games without a win soon and can't really even blame the manager for it.

Voted for Iwobi. This is one weird Everton team. We were all calling for a sub until we all took a closer look at the bench. I just shock my head and immediately gave Frank the benefit of the doubt.
I had to check myself when a little voice in my head popped in and said that Gomes might do a job in the midifield 3. Booze has got rid of him quickly.

Davies is decent on the ball, but when you see him strolling around the pitch it looks like he's playing in the 1950's. He hasn't got the pace to cope in the Premier league.

…..can’t fault this set of players for attitude. Terrific set-up by Lampard which is very encouraging given what was at his disposal.

Lots of pluses, we have a terrific defensive RB who ironically looked more of a threat playing in a conventional back 4. Signs of a partnership with McNeil who might not be everybody’s cup of tea but he put in a right shift cutting out numerous crosses. His manager will be delighted with him & I think he’ll be better with proper forwards to hit.

I’m going for Onana as MoM. I have to remind myself that he’s just 21 with very few games in his career, he’s in a new country, a new league, new teammates and he plays with such maturity. £30m could be a steal.
Agree with most of that. Set up well from the off but far too conservative after half time. From the kick off you could see us far too deep and it was only a matter of time until they scored.

So frustrating that, as soon as they did, we sprang back to life and probably should have won with the close offside and the Patterson chance.

We are what we are, we only have one goal in us so a team playing against us doesn't have much to worry about. It's just a question whether we can score that first goal and hang on until the end. Given our squad, away points aren't to be sniffed at but it's very annoying that we've lost four points from our last two from winning positions.

My frustrations from today are the offside goal, because whilst it may be the letter of the law - the law is clearly an ass. No player should ever be considered offside if their feet are behind the defender's. Lampard sitting on his hands all game is concerning. Yes he didn't have many options but our players were flagging horribly towards the end so he should have made changes in my opinion.

Finally, to not have Maupay available is shambolic. God knows who's fault it is but the situation is laughable and could only happen to this club you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.