Votes: 2 0.8%
  • relegated

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • at least we're not Villa...on toast

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical in seasons past when Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool (and before them Man City) were all substandard. Now Arsenal have Ozil, Liverpool have Suarez and Spurs have an excellent, rich squad. 5th to 7th is far harder to achieve this year than it has been for a long while.

7th doesn't involve us finishing higher than any of the teams you mentioned, it should be the minimum we look to achieve.

7th doesn't involve us finishing higher than any of the teams you mentioned, it should be the minimum we look to achieve.
Yes, but it's harder because any one season one or two other teams surprise you - Boro, Bolton, Blackburn and more recently Newcastle, West Brom, Southampton - but there's normally a few places to go around: now you have to be 'the best of the rest' and hope the top 6 also win both cups to even have get Europe of any kind. Champions League will be tremendously difficult

I think we'll really learn a lot about Liverpool's season on saturday when they play Arsenal. They haven't played anyone of note yet have they really bar United, and given their recent results that doesn't say much. Remember they drew to Newcastle with an extra man. Saying that they have looked good, and it could go completely the other way with a win on saturday.

I think we'll really learn a lot about Liverpool's season on saturday when they play Arsenal. They haven't played anyone of note yet have they really bar United, and given their recent results that doesn't say much. Remember they drew to Newcastle with an extra man. Saying that they have looked good, and it could go completely the other way with a win on saturday.

True. But there's no doubting that they're a better side than they have been over the last 2 years. Mainly because of Sturridge and Saurez.

Typical in seasons past when Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool (and before them Man City) were all substandard. Now Arsenal have Ozil, Liverpool have Suarez and Spurs have an excellent, rich squad. 5th to 7th is far harder to achieve this year than it has been for a long while.

This season, I think all those mentioned bar Liverpool are worse than recent years.

The game this weekend vs Spurs already is very important. It could be the difference between finishing above or below them in the overall shakeout.
Same with the derby in 3 weeks time.

Point is, we'll be right in the mix if we get the results against our rivals for the 3rd/4th/5th.

Can't wait for Spurs match. Lukaku is gonna tear them a new one.

The squad is stronger than last season and playing better football than last season. Why then are most of us still think we can't or won't finish higher than last season?

I'm a believer in what I see Martinez doing. We'll pick up far more points going for the win every match than we will with the old defence-first mindset.

The game this weekend vs Spurs already is very important. It could be the difference between finishing above or below them in the overall shakeout.
Same with the derby in 3 weeks time.

Point is, we'll be right in the mix if we get the results against our rivals for the 3rd/4th/5th.

Can't wait for Spurs match. Lukaku is gonna tear them a new one.

Agreed, technically its just another 3 points at stake, but its 3 massive points that will really put the marker down and let people know we are for real imo.

Also a good chance to move up a place or two when most will be expecting us to start heading the other way.

I voted a wildly optimistic 6th as I think that its very difficult to break into that top 6 position in the Premiership especially for a team still under transition, realistically though 7th I reckon.

It will be very hard to break into that top 4/5, it's all about the money. Utd will spend in January if they carry on as they are, and probably so will everyone else. We have the best team we have had for a while but as we have improved so is everyone else. Our downfall could be our lack of depth up front, we need another good goalscorer in January. Liverpool wil live or die on Suarez and Sturridge, but some might say the same for us and Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.