Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning things would make us an imitation??

Possibly the most ridiculous comment I have ever seen on here, jesus wept.

Before 2008 City were not even close to us in terms of achievements - they probably still aren't.

Nah mate, we should just be Roberto's nearly men, there there lads, have a pat on the head.

Man City in a darker shirt. I despair.
There's a right way to win, and then there's throwing money at mercenaries who have no respect for the team or its history. If we're going to win the latter way, then yeah, I'll pass.

There's a right way to win, and then there's throwing money at mercenaries who have no respect for the team or its history. If we're going to win the latter way, then yeah, I'll pass.

It probably goes over your head mate, but do you know who the Mersey Millionaires were?

We've done it all before, so might be a good idea to learn your history before being righteously indignant about modern football.

Winning things would make us an imitation??

Possibly the most ridiculous comment I have ever seen on here, jesus wept.

Before 2008 City were not even close to us in terms of achievements - they probably still aren't.

Nah mate, we should just be Roberto's nearly men, there there lads, have a pat on the head.

Man City in a darker shirt. I despair.

While I don't full agree with him, the idea of flinging money at a team until it wins doesn't sit well with me. I started following Everton because they were worlds apart from the likes of Chelsea in terms of character and philosophy. Money does bring some unsavoury elements to a club, the absence of which made me love Everton in the first place.

I see where you're coming from with that.

Buying success in a very short space of time like City did, by just throwing money at it, and then more money, and more, until they achieved their goal, would feel a bit hollow. I know some City fans do feel as though the soul of their club has been somewhat lost during the process.

However, it's an unavoidable fact, that the teams with the biggest budgets are invariably at the pinnacle of the game.

Leicester have given the rest hope this season, same as we did back in '04, but turning that from one good season into something that is sustainable is going to take cash.

While I don't full agree with him, the idea of flinging money at a team until it wins doesn't sit well with me. I started following Everton because they were worlds apart from the likes of Chelsea in terms of character and philosophy. Money does bring some unsavoury elements to a club, the absence of which made me love Everton in the first place.

But the reality is Prev, we've done much the same ourselves in the 60s - blown other teams out of the water financially.

Chelsea are a bunch of horrors

It probably goes over your head mate, but do you know who the Mersey Millionaires were?

We've done it all before, so might be a good idea to learn your history before being righteously indignant about modern football.
No, you're totally right about the Millionaires. We weren't winning the league on a shoestring. But I can't think of anything more boring than supporting a team with an unlimited budget. You won the league? So what? You spent more money than anyone else. You're supposed to win. If Leicester wins this year, that will be amazing. If a team like City or Arsenal does...*shrug*. So what? Again, they're supposed to. Now none of this excuses being cheap and refusing to invest, but there's a balance.

City's owners have bought in top draw players, won trophies, built a new traning ground, poored money into the academy , expanded the stadium and spent millions on community facilities in a deprived area around eastlands.

Anyone who doesn't want owners like that is lying

If you don't want owners like that, well you have a agenda or just very, very stupid

In reference to city can we honestly say the like of Kompany or Aguero are more mercenary than Lukaku or Jags? #offtopic

I'd get infinitely more satisfaction out of winning the League Cup the way we do things now than if we won the league year on year on the wave of an oil baron's money. I love Everton, we're a big club that keep sight of all the small things that matter.

But the reality is Prev, we've done much the same ourselves in the 60s - blown other teams out of the water financially.

Chelsea are a bunch of horrors

That is true about the Blues in the 60s, however we didn't achieve, nor do I actually believe that we set out with the full intent, the kind of domination that Chelsea, Man City and Manure aspire to achieving.
Everton wanted glory for sure, but and this might sound naive, but I don't think it was ever about gaing it to the detriment of the league.
Sure, we wanted to usurp Leeds, the RS and Manu, and we did it in style with signing Bally from under the nose of Revie, Howie K from under the nose of Shankly - it was never about signing dozens of players so as deny others aka City and Chelsea and then loaning them out.
We tended to do our 'Mersey Millionaire' business with a modicum of panache and style... different era, sadly gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.