Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to increase our revenues in order to remain even vaguely competitive not only in the transfer market, but most importantly to meet wage demands of the types of players we wish to see playing for us.

Without increased revenues we will be a club that buys youngsters, hopefully develops them but inevitably sells them before they've reached their full potential for Everton.

In short we need new owners who invest capital into the business to generate income in the future. Without that we will be a feeder club at best for those higher up the food chain, at worst our future in the Premier League will be in doubt.

Seems like the stadium doesn't directly increase revenue (at least not much) but has a huge indirect effect. Goodison, as it exists and undeveloped, has a huge capital risk for the owner, as it may present immediate needs which require capital beyond what the balance sheet can offer. This may create (or cooperate with) a fiscally conservative position that prevents investment in players that can help now. An undeveloped Goodison also prevents further gate revenue, and certainly hinders some element of commercial expansion (although maybe we all agree that the commercial failings have been so widespread that nearly any sincere effort might provide a better return).

With a redeveloped Goodison or new Walton Hall Park Park, the capital needs can be clearly projected and the risk is low--already modeled in the debt service and revenue increases, and so the club could embark on direct investment in the squad without fear of large, unexpected capital outlays.

Maybe I'm simply (and unintentionally) regurgitating what's been written here or elsewhere before, but it seems that while a new stadium would not necessarily increase revenue (at least not significantly), the current situation keeps revenue under lock. Thoughts on this?

Seems like the stadium doesn't directly increase revenue (at least not much) but has a huge indirect effect. Goodison, as it exists and undeveloped, has a huge capital risk for the owner, as it may present immediate needs which require capital beyond what the balance sheet can offer. This may create (or cooperate with) a fiscally conservative position that prevents investment in players that can help now. An undeveloped Goodison also prevents further gate revenue, and certainly hinders some element of commercial expansion (although maybe we all agree that the commercial failings have been so widespread that nearly any sincere effort might provide a better return).

With a redeveloped Goodison or new Walton Hall Park Park, the capital needs can be clearly projected and the risk is low--already modeled in the debt service and revenue increases, and so the club could embark on direct investment in the squad without fear of large, unexpected capital outlays.

Maybe I'm simply (and unintentionally) regurgitating what's been written here or elsewhere before, but it seems that while a new stadium would not necessarily increase revenue (at least not significantly), the current situation keeps revenue under lock. Thoughts on this?

Very good post and totally accurate.

Been away for a week, so I'm not quite sure where all the pessimism on the takeover is coming from.
If I remember correctly, doesn't the due diligence period last until at least the end of January?

It's either that, or we end up getting bought by @hktoffee and his mates.

erMZKn.gif

Been away for a week, so I'm not quite sure where all the pessimism on the takeover is coming from.
If I remember correctly, doesn't the due diligence period last until at least the end of January?

They haven"t been given "due diligence" mate but "exclusivity" to study the accounts. Not sure of the total difference but I think we are allowed to talk to others during exclusivity but not due diligence. Our more savvy business posters may be able to explain this better.

They haven"t been given "due diligence" mate but "exclusivity" to study the accounts. Not sure of the total difference but I think we are allowed to talk to others during exclusivity but not due diligence. Our more savvy business posters may be able to explain this better.

You've got it right mate, the reported exclusivity related to due diligence, ie they have/had sole access to "the books" during the period. That does not stop anyone from putting an alternative offer to shareholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.