Latest Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor that Steve, who gives a flying one that it's not costing us money, when it should be making us much more money.

Everything should make us more money...supporters of every club in the country(except a few) say the same. Fact is a loss has been turned into a profit , and as Mr Hot Dog said, those who think selling catering and merchandising in house will bring massive profits, need to think again.Sales basically depend on success on the field...Man City use Kitbag and sell more than us...and Sodexo provide catering at some of the biggest venues in the country..Wembley, The Open, The Grand Prix, Wimbledon, and many more.Its not that we are using cheapskate no mark firms for outsourcing, they are some of the best in the business.

Agree with the outsourcing to a point but as always with such deals the devil is in the detail. Whether we got a decent deal or not we don't know so can only go on past experience. What is very concerning is agreeing deals that are 10 years long or so. Very poor.

Hi Mick..see reply above to Mr Elephant.

Great firms, commercially astute, and they have [Poor language removed] well laced your imbecile mates on the board in the negotiation of these deals.

...and you have just proved conclusively that you cannot debate ,can only cyber heckle, and hence lack credibility as a poster, apart from occasionally being mildly amusing.
PS. I don't think the word 'imbeciles' is approved on here is it?

Great firms, commercially astute, and they have [Poor language removed] well laced your imbecile mates on the board in the negotiation of these deals.

...and you have just proved conclusively that you cannot debate ,can only cyber heckle, and hence lack credibility as a poster, apart from occasionally being mildly amusing.
PS. I don't think the word 'imbeciles' is approved on here is it?

Lad's let's keep to the discussing opinions rather than trading insults - thanks

Lad's let's keep to the discussing opinions rather than trading insults - thanks

I insulted the board based on commercial results, nothing personal and not directed at esteemed fellow posters. Just object to money flying out the door to assorted best in business nobjockey firms that have fleeced our commercial dept/board.

I insulted the board based on commercial results, nothing personal and not directed at esteemed fellow posters. Just object to money flying out the door to assorted best in business nobjockey firms that have fleeced our commercial dept/board.

No problem with that, but you and I both know what I'm getting at :p

Anyone who thinks that binning off Kitbag and taking control back of our own shirt distribution is going to lead to a massive hike in the net profit received is heading for a disappointment. Same goes for Sodexo

The lack of revenue increases from sponsorships are valid though, as we're batting below our average in that regard and need to improve. Maybe outsourcing the entire process to a 3rd party might be a good starting point.
Mightn't do much for net profit but it would increase our turnover by around £10m, and so raise our standing in the global 'biggest clubs' table which should be worth something from the commercial perspective and when looking to attract a buyer..

Mightn't do much for net profit but it would increase our turnover by around £10m, and so raise our standing in the global 'biggest clubs' table which should be worth something from the commercial perspective and when looking to attract a buyer..
Increasing turnover without having any real impact on the net return is absolutely pointless and I don't agree that where you sit in some turnover table would have any tangible impact on your commercial attractiveness

As the old saying goes.....turnover is vanity...

Status
Not open for further replies.