Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems a lot of money, for a position we have already signed a player who's hardly kicked a ball for us.

This might be wishful thinking, but we barely spent anything net in the summer if I recall correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if a combination of that and the grim circumstances means we go pretty big in January on two of a 6, a centre half a striker. I could see us trying to get Schneiderlin out the door in January too, in which case, we'd certainly need another 6 as Delph isn't one and Davies has been horrific there.

I'm not saying for a moment I think this is true (I have no idea), but it wouldn't surprise me if we spent on a couple of players in January.

I don’t think you’d get more than 20 games (at a push) out of Delph over the course of the season tbh. Remember if we’d got a work permit for him we would’ve had Sosa in that position too
Agree. Delph isn't up to level and never fit. Neither is Morgan. Even if Gbamin gets back we won't see him properly till next season. We need someone asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.