Judging player potential..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanman

Player Valuation: £500k
I was thinking about managers, who are very good at Judging player potential, in particular the aquisition of foreign players, as that is a little more difficult.

I think DM is pretty good at it, especially those who have a point to prove, i.e Pienaar, Arteta. I think he has done well, with players such as Jela, Cahil, etc. Although i do realise there have been some Van Der Meders etc..

On the other hand I think managers like Alex Ferguson are not so good and just rely on the amount of money they have.. Look at all his bad buys, Taibi (or something like that, the Italian goalkeeper), Veron, Anderson, just to name a few..

He was lucky that he had some good young players coming through, like giggs, Beckham etc... but also look at the young foreign players he has lost who have done well, like Rossi and Pique.. Even Forlan went on to be brilliant after leaving UTD.

To be fair he's been doing it long enough to have lots of good and bads. For every veron there's a Roy keane

You've got to give SAF credit for fielding all those young players in the 90's who went on to dominate the league.

Not many managers would have had the guts to do that.

Him and Moyes are neck to neck with three each. But I think we both know it's only a matter of time before Moyes leaves him in the dust on that one.

Fergie has some sort of stupid LMA Manager of the Decade award, seems a bit pointless.

I mean yeah hes won like 12 Titles, 5 FA Cups, 2 CLs and other stuff, but I think the game on Monday shows who the biggest talent is.

The foreign players we spunk our money on are generally great and the domestic based players that have been cheaper have been generally great.

Fergie has some sort of stupid LMA Manager of the Decade award, seems a bit pointless.

I mean yeah hes won like 12 Titles, 5 FA Cups, 2 CLs and other stuff, but I think the game on Monday shows who the biggest talent is.

Yep I can't see ferguson ever winning games with players like Tim Howard, Phil Neville and Darron Gibson. Shows the quality of Moyes management.

Status
Not open for further replies.