2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have awful luck with injuries, out of last years defence we now have Mina, Holgate, Godfrey and Pickford out injured. Add Doucoure and Dominic Calvert-Lewin and that is incredible.
This can't be just bad luck. I don't know what's worse, those involved in last seasons internal review of its medical team or the new medical team.
Do any other clubs have their physio room to full to the brim over the last 48 as we have? I'm sure Delph is still there making tea.

Our defending is reliant on the keeper bailing them out which means to me it isn't good defending. Pickford's psxg has him saving over .5 above average per game. That's absurd and he deserves all the credit but it is completely unsustainable, the defending needs to improve.
But it hasn't been, because the derby is hugely skewing those numbers (as I've explained).

Tell me one brilliant - or better than expected I should say - save Pickford made this season before the derby? Other than the 1v1 against Gelhardt v Leeds, I can't think of one.

That's not to say that Pickford has been bad, I think he's been good (albeit he was bad for the Forest goal and if you were been picky, the Leeds goal) but this is where stats have to be taken into context so early in the season and used in conjunction with the old 'eye test'.

Pickford in the run-in last season was making amazing save after amazing save. Derby aside this season, he hasn't done that. Now, the defence has been poor when it comes to conceding chances, but the reason those chances haven't gone in hasn't been all down to Pickford, which is what you're suggesting.

Brentford, for example, hit the woodwork three times with shots Pickford got nowhere near to.

Status
Not open for further replies.