2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramsdale last game for England he literally dropped a -5/10 and Pope makes a howler, imagine if that was Pickford, I get why the rs hate him but why does every other "England" fan despise him in goal?

He’s barely put a foot wrong when playing for England. Remember the critics up in arms after the Janujaz goal at the 2018 WC. It was ridiculous. He’s just never been fancied as number 1 by many. Consistently talked about as a weak link. People have been crying for Pope or Ramsdale to displace him despite him being one of the most consistent performers for the last 4 years. He was exceptional at both tournaments in that time whilst having the likes of Maguire in front of him. We have all seen Jordan drop clangers but he’s proven himself to be the best of that bunch at international level.

Pickford is arguably the reason Southgate still has a job.

He’s the only reason England made the World Cup semi final. Saved the shootout against Columbia and then kept Sweden out almost single-handedly in the quarters.

He would have won the euros as well if anyone could have taken a penalty after those saves in the shootout. Made huge saves against Germany as well.

It’s not even a debate. Pickford has a proven tournament record of playing at the highest level. The other goalkeepers haven’t even prove they can play international football yet.

One of the reasons Southgate has done well is he’s ignored the brain dead English media and made his own decisions. They were calling for Butland to start in 2018 (where’s he now?). They despise players from outside the top 6 playing for England. Southgate’s ignored them to select the likes of Pickford, Trippier, Maguire (when at Leicester), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Rice etc. all players who have performed well for England in some of their best tournaments for a long time.

I half hope Southgate starts Alexander Arnold, Henderson and Ramsdale and goes out in the group stage so the media would finally learn to stfu when it comes to questioning England selection,

Newcastle & Arsenal fans are absolutely bonkers, aren't they? collectively refuse to believe that Pickford is the best keeper the country has when it's there staring them in the face..

Popes` performance has made me appreciate Pickford even more. The Geordies must be cringing with embarrassment after that clown of show from their goalie.
edit- i can`t ever remember seeing a goalie so much out of his depth than Pope last night.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.