2018/19 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tells me that we will be signing a RB this summer and that they still believe in Kenny to some degree. I like that move in that he probably will get games there but I really dislike David Wagner and don't see him as a good manager to help him along.
Wagner will do well there imo, obviously struggled massively last season but he transformed Huddersfield completely in his time there

Wagner will do well there imo, obviously struggled massively last season but he transformed Huddersfield completely in his time there
I wasn't a fan of the way he abandoned his principles and went full Big Sam at the first sign of trouble

We are very happy that we have been able to get Jonjoe Kenny at FC Schalke 04. With this signing, we have filled the hole at right-back and completed one of our aims of the summer,” explained sporting director Jochen Schneider. “My thanks go to technical director Michael Reschke, the scouting team and our head coach David Wagner, who knows Jonjoe from the Premier League.”

The 22-year-old is looking forward to the upcoming challenge. “It is a big chance for me, to come to a new country and show off my abilities, especially at a big club like Schalke,” he said. “Schalke 04 is a club with a long history and fantastic fans. I am happy to be here and can’t wait to get up and running with the team.”

The right-back has been at Everton FC for around nine years, having joined the academy back in 2006. His biggest success as a teenager was winning the U17 Euros with England in 2014. He scored the winning penalty in the final against the Netherlands.

Kenny got his first taste of first-team professional football in the 2015/16 season. The defender joined third-tier Wigan Athletic before fourth-division side Oxford United. On 15th May 2016, the 22-year-old made his Premier League debut from the bench against Norwich City. In the 2016/17 season, the defender captained Everton’s U23s side before being promoted to the first-team squad the following season, where he was mostly used as a back-up to Ireland international Seamus Coleman. To date, Kenny has 31 Premier League appearances to his name.

We are very happy that we have been able to get Jonjoe Kenny at FC Schalke 04. With this signing, we have filled the hole at right-back and completed one of our aims of the summer,” explained sporting director Jochen Schneider. “My thanks go to technical director Michael Reschke, the scouting team and our head coach David Wagner, who knows Jonjoe from the Premier League.”

The 22-year-old is looking forward to the upcoming challenge. “It is a big chance for me, to come to a new country and show off my abilities, especially at a big club like Schalke,” he said. “Schalke 04 is a club with a long history and fantastic fans. I am happy to be here and can’t wait to get up and running with the team.”

The right-back has been at Everton FC for around nine years, having joined the academy back in 2006. His biggest success as a teenager was winning the U17 Euros with England in 2014. He scored the winning penalty in the final against the Netherlands.

Kenny got his first taste of first-team professional football in the 2015/16 season. The defender joined third-tier Wigan Athletic before fourth-division side Oxford United. On 15th May 2016, the 22-year-old made his Premier League debut from the bench against Norwich City. In the 2016/17 season, the defender captained Everton’s U23s side before being promoted to the first-team squad the following season, where he was mostly used as a back-up to Ireland international Seamus Coleman. To date, Kenny has 31 Premier League appearances to his name.

I really hope we have someone lined up to come in... coleman is a little bit injury prone these days and not quite the player he was, he wont be able to manage a full season at right back on his own, no way.

if weve let JJK go , without already having another right back signed up, then I fear for us the rest of this transfer window.

weve been here before, leaving ourselves short of cover , esp up top.

don't like seeing players leave without us having signed replacements first

I really hope we have someone lined up to come in... coleman is a little bit injury prone these days and not quite the player he was, he wont be able to manage a full season at right back on his own, no way.

if weve let JJK go , without already having another right back signed up, then I fear for us the rest of this transfer window.

weve been here before, leaving ourselves short of cover , esp up top.

don't like seeing players leave without us having signed replacements first
Dont worry mate,,all our new signings are embargoed till a certain date,what that date is,who knows lol

Dont worry mate,,all our new signings are embargoed till a certain date,what that date is,who knows lol

players change their minds, signings are never done until they have the kit on at the training complex...

brands MUST be confident that we have a right back lined up / signed …

but we are Everton aren't we..

*groans

Status
Not open for further replies.