John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand strong, make the money rise, tell Chelsea they can have him, pull out at the last minute and leave Chelsea without time to bring someone else in lol

I thought Durham was concentrating on the CL draw this afternoon.

He used the CL draw to illustrate what John Stones would be missing if he stays at Everton. He then called Martinez hypocritical for rejecting the TR even though he became Everton manager because "he was too good for Wigan".

First time I've seen such a strong defence or at least I've believed the manager in what he says, I dunno why I believe all this I feel confident he will stay until at least January now. This only ups the price for all parties to sell in that terrible window.

Martinez is toeing the line perfectly here and it's looking like he's been briefed on the correct approach, it's all Chelsea's fault and the " project " is a bigger part of the plan.

He's played a blinder up to now for me. Stones is gone to me!
January at the latest. I do think there's a good chance he'll go this window though. It might look like it, but no one has painted themselves into a corner yet. Stones goes and host of goodies come in: people move on pretty contented.

He used the CL draw to illustrate what John Stones would be missing if he stays at Everton. He then called Martinez hypocritical for rejecting the TR even though he became Everton manager because "he was too good for Wigan".

Ah......I see.

I tuned in at the start when I was out in the car expecting an anti Everton tirade and was pleasantly surprised there was none and the CL draw was being featured.

So it was just another way of having a go at EFC?

Agreed Bryan. I dont see Martinez as a man who leaves himself open to become a hostage. Also consider these words from last night:

'We have a chairman that will do the right thing for the football club and for the team. “And as a true Evertonian, we are clear that he (Kenwright) will not be easily influenced into taking the money and into doing things that will make our team weaker."'

That can be taken a couple of ways.

I'd smile if we kept hold of Stones, but experience tells us this has twists and turns and that no one has burnt bridges on anything at all.
I personally think we're coming out of this well. On the face of it, Martinez has refused a transfer request and selected the player with no hesitation while telling the media bluntly that he's not for sale. Also, all offers have been rejected out of hand, not for sale notices issued and (albeit poorly shot on a phone) footage of Jon Wood saying neither he nor Kenwright will sell him.

Perhaps it isn't that transparent and I'd be surprised if he stayed, but on the face of it we have acted in a much more respectable manner than Chelsea and the media, who are now fuming at not getting their own way. Almost like a sense of entitlement that LFC have, but without the honours list of either us or the reds.

Chelsea and their London based media are being divvies, essentially.

The drive/logic for Stones to join Chelsea is quite clear:

1) Keep the top four as powerful as can be.
2) hype the top four as being the best teams in the best league.
3) Waffle on about premier league having 4/8 teams in the QF of the champions league.
4) As a result of the above, Premier league gets more exposure = More ££££££
5) Proceed to getting their backsides kicked by Barca, Real, Munich and Juventus.
6) Cry about why Englands national team are crap at every tournament.
7) All of the above fills columns in the papers.

I like to call it the eat sleep b**ch repeat.

One fan. One fan said it.

But...the racists at Chelsea are sound though.
I could hear more than one fan reports were there were a few idiots and most got shut up by true blues, it happens , but Gold Dust for the media unfortunately, you can bet they were going out their way to get this clip !
Overall it has been reported on here Stones got a good reception at the travelling away end of our supporters.

You do realise that Everton benefit financially when a player submits a transfer request? Has it not occured to you that the club were waiting for it? It's about time some of us took our heads out of the sand. It's his job, he's not a fan. Good luck to the boy if he can up his wages and stand more of a chance of playing at the highest level.

Get a grip.

Twas a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.