John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
“You want to achieve the most you can in the short period you have in your career as a
professional footballer.

"When a top club comes calling who you know will be firing on all fronts with competitions and medals, that's ultimately what you want to be playing for. It's hard to turn down of course."

I hope he get's the hostile reception that he deserves in September. 90 minutes of abuse being chanted at him.... there's loads of time to be creative between now and then.

EDIT: Just to clarify... that quote is from cahill and that's who my comment was directed at.

Last edited:
I agree. I don't think that Rooney is as good as I thought he would be.

He was even slightly ahead of Ronaldo when they both started at United. Ronaldo went on to be one of the best though whereas Rooney hit a ceiling just under 'best in world' level.

“You want to achieve the most you can in the short period you have in your career as a
professional footballer.

"When a top club comes calling who you know will be firing on all fronts with competitions and medals, that's ultimately what you want to be playing for. It's hard to turn down of course."

I hope he get's the hostile reception that he deserves in September. 90 minutes of abuse being chanted at him.... there's loads of time to be creative between now and then.
Who said the above?

yeah doesnt work like that mate. you'd be betting on 3 new players to come in and all by a rousing success. selling one player for big money and bringing in 3+ players with that money hasn't really worked recently in the prem (Spurs and the RS)
As I said. I'd rather we didn't sell him. But you can't deny that our budget for incoming players would increase if we did.

Question?

Did you ever here any player from City commenting on Sterling before he signed?
Is it a regular thing? I know most managers mention " i dont like to talk about other clubs players"
But this is a first for me sending the players out to the press to tell them how great it is a chelsea.

If Stones handed in a transfer request, and started kicking-off to push through a move, and we reluctantly gave in, I would wish him all the bad luck in the world, and hope he was a huge flop.

I mentioned the other day though, I don't think he is like that, and when the transfer window close IMO he'll still be with us.

Well if he kicked up a fuss publicly I'd maybe be inclined to agree, but he seems sound.

Question?

Did you ever here any player from City commenting on Sterling before he signed?
Is it a regular thing? I know most managers mention " i dont like to talk about other clubs players"
But this is a first for me sending the players out to the press to tell them how great it is a chelsea.

Sterling made it clear he wanted out, there was no need for a "charm offensive".

Status
Not open for further replies.