John Hartson - Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowste

Player Valuation: £30m
Hartson on the Radio today and he was talking about the shift in power in the Prem, he talked about the TV money and how it has created a more balanced Prem with no easy result
He the said he can see an Everton, Palace, Stoke, Watford or Spurs winning the Prem in the next 5 years
I sat there and thought is that we're people see us, sitting with the likes of Palace & Stoke
Or is it we think we are far better than we actually are
I guess @Yid4life would be aggrieved over this as well

Last edited:
Hartson on the Radio today and he was talking about the shift in power in the Prem, he talked about the TV money and how it has created a more balanced Prem with no easy result
He the said he can a Everton, Palace, Stoke, Watford or Spurs winning the Prem in the next 5 years
I sat there and thought is that we're people see us, sitting with the likes of Palace & Stoke
Or is it we think we are far better than we actually are
I guess @Yid4life would be aggrieved over this as well

I think he is underlining his point about the league getting more even, not that we are comparable, history and all that, to Palace etc. Perhaps a better way would have been to say, "Spurs and Everton can usually challenge for EL/CL (occasionally), now Stoke Watford etc can allude to do the same"

I think in todays sky run football most casual supporters would class us as the mid table type of team, and if you look at the amounts of money spent over the last 15 years realistically thars where we should be, but I tjonk the point Hartson is trying to make is that the gap is growing smaller and theres less pressure to sell to appease banks

If he thinks Palace or Watford have a cat in hells chance of winning the Prem in the next 5years then what's the point of even reading it.

Yes the TV money has helped clubs financially but every team gets it and most have good revenue streams outside of that. Sorry but he's having a bubble.

The gap isn't growing smaller, transfer fees and wages are getting higher.

The whole league can pretty much outspend more than a handful of clubs dotted around the continent. There's a lot of good players out there, and we're gonna see more and more of them coming to the prem. The problem clubs are gonna have is keeping hold of them players.

I think he is underlining his point about the league getting more even, not that we are comparable, history and all that, to Palace etc. Perhaps a better way would have been to say, "Spurs and Everton can usually challenge for EL/CL (occasionally), now Stoke Watford etc can allude to do the same"
I think my concern was being linked to the likes of some of the clubs I mentioned.
I will agree that the Prem is far more interesting..

If he thinks Palace or Watford have a cat in hells chance of winning the Prem in the next 5years then what's the point of even reading it.

Yes the TV money has helped clubs financially but every team gets it and most have good revenue streams outside of that. Sorry but he's having a bubble.

The gap isn't growing smaller, transfer fees and wages are getting higher.
I don't agree on some of the teams he mentioned wining the prem, sadly that includes Everton
I do agree that things are tighter than what they were, it will be interesting what the final standings are at the end of the season

I don't agree on some of the teams he mentioned wining the prem, sadly that includes Everton
I do agree that things are tighter than what they were, it will be interesting what the final standings are at the end of the season

Everton, Spurs and *cough* Liverpool have been trying to crack the top 4 code for a long time, maybe that fight has gotten tighter but none of us are any closer to winning the title since money kicked in.

It's why I'm quietly excited about the squad the gaffer is trying to build. Problem is the build has to happen sooner than later or the same merry-go-round happens with big clubs stealing all the talent.

Leicester are having a majestic season but talk of Vardy and Mahrez being bought by the big hitters for ridiculous amounts shows how much influence the media have on thinking. The reality doesn't stack up like that though and the guys at the top are the guys with moolar to spend.

I think my concern was being linked to the likes of some of the clubs I mentioned.
I will agree that the Prem is far more interesting..
Sadly them type of clubs are bridging the gaps with us, theyre starting to compete with us on and more importantly off the pitch.

All of those teams except Stoke are above us in the table. Plus we finished 11th last season. Until we actually do something we're not going to be seen as one of the big teams by the pundits.

Why? The league we are in is the 2015/16 one. Those teams are doing well, relative to their expectations. Its a new world we are in, and clinging to NSNO or 9 leagues aint worth squat in that context.
Sadly them type of clubs are bridging the gaps with us, theyre starting to compete with us on and more importantly off the pitch.

All of those teams except Stoke are above us in the table. Plus we finished 11th last season. Until we actually do something we're not going to be seen as one of the big teams by the pundits.

Not disagreeing with any of the points
I guess times are changing and with the TV money the playing field is becoming a lot more even.

Status
Not open for further replies.