John Bailey

Walking down Goodison Road last Saturday on my way to the game. Who do I pass but John Bailey. Alone and unrecognised by all around.
He'd passed me and disappeared into the crowds before I twigged who it was. Pity.
I'd like to have thanked him for that 1984 Cup Final win.

I’m surprised you recognised him tbh.

The last time I saw him at an after dinner event, he was so pissed he didn’t make the second half and looked like a tramp, that’d been cleaned up for the event.

The last time I saw him at an after dinner event, he was so pissed he didn’t make the second half and looked like a tramp, that’d been cleaned up for the event.
Harsh!
He appears in the Howard's Way film so I knew the face....but he'd gone before I twigged....

Walking down Goodison Road last Saturday on my way to the game. Who do I pass but John Bailey. Alone and unrecognised by all around.
He'd passed me and disappeared into the crowds before I twigged who it was. Pity.
I pretty much did the same thing before the Luton FA Cup game a few weeks back…
Would have loved to have shown him this pic…that’s me in the middle…

And after I walked past him, I thought here’s hoping for our left back scoring from the half way line against Luton…like back in 82/83…

Attachments

• IMG_9985.jpeg
    IMG_9985.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Always makes me laugh when no marks insult the ex footballer who is old, etc. He was a professional footballer for Everton. Insulting comment.

Always makes me laugh when no marks insult the ex footballer who is old, etc. He was a professional footballer for Everton. Insulting comment.

No mate, he was so pissed that he was just unable to complete the second part of the after dinner event and had to be helped to stand up by Derek Mountfield.

That’s not an insult, it’s just a sad fact.

Maybe he was recognised by everyone but they only twigged after he disappeared into the crowds too

If you said you saw him pissed while out getting the morning paper it would be sad.

He was pissed at an after dinner event, at night, with possibly a free bar. I don't think that is sad.