2017/18 Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first few games I thought he was dreadful, and I never thought I’d forgive him for an absolutely shambolic performance at arsenal in the cup, but fair play to the lad he was decent for the last couple of years. We need a new keeper in my opinion, because he’s unarguably better than stekekenburg so losing him is a downgrade.
This for sure. Most hapless goalkeeping I've ever seen. But he actually wasn't terrible when Tim was out for that period of time with injury during Bobby's reign of terror. We'll always have that West Ham cup game where he was brilliant to look back at fondly

Good luck Joel, we could've had 4th if you played instead of Howard in Martinez first season.

Now we need another keeper though ffs because Stek is uber turd

See ya Joel, hope it all goes well.

Echo most of the comments on here, wasn't top drawer, but wasn't the worst keeper to play on Merseyside. Had a few ropey games, but by and large was solid when called on.

Seemed a good character too. Shame, but we all move on.

Robles always had a mistake in him. He did some good stuff but was prone to a rush of blood to the head too often for my liking.

Another small observation, why did he never wave to our fans? He was always roundly applauded as he ran towards them, but never did he clap or wave in acknowledgment.

I never said the defending was good. Nice to have a goalkeeper keeping goal these days though.
Tell you what could put loads of easier goals let in by Timmy in his last two seasons while joel was keeping 10 clean sheets...
Good luck to him - we need a decent back up for Pickford now though as the stek is worse than joel tbh I can see him going on a free too......

Tell you what could put loads of easier goals let in by Timmy in his last two seasons while joel was keeping 10 clean sheets...
Good luck to him - we need a decent back up for Pickford now though as the stek is worse than joel tbh I can see him going on a free too......

Oh, don't get me wrong J - Robles over Howard. Every single day of the week my man.

Robles always had a mistake in him. He did some good stuff but was prone to a rush of blood to the head too often for my liking.

Another small observation, why did he never wave to our fans? He was always roundly applauded as he ran towards them, but never did he clap or wave in acknowledgment.

He probably whistled at them instead.

This is still not true and I will fight you for ever over it!
His distribution his control of his box were very very good remember pickford away at burnley stuck to his line = goal?
every keeper has a blip in him - it is when it is like Timmy kept on two full seasons too long- and that clown over the park who thankfully cost them a trophy.......
Robles was better than the two keepers over the park - he is going back to spain and I wish him all the best - shame he never had a longer run when timmy was star jumping - stuck to his line like glue , and keeping his eyes closed on dives Pity that Joel got dropped for the past it keeper - never got a deserved longer run in that period = Ten clean sheets with a similar defence Pickford has now , but Pickford will hopefully become a great keeper at 30 million he should do - I am confident he will do - now we need a better no 2 not Stek......
Best of luck to Joel he had more ups than downs imo for us ......

Robles always had a mistake in him.

Neville Southall had a mistake in him. These goalkeepers who never make mistakes, we need to sign one of them. And a striker who scores 2 goals minimum every game while we're at it. Reckon we'd deffo get top 7 then.

Oh and his distribution being bad is another myth as well. No worse than Pickford, in fact based on last year, I'd argue it was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.