Jimmy Husband.

Was in the Upper Bullens for that one. Jimmy Husband was brilliant. The mostly forgotten Gerry Humphreys scored two I think. Fern for Leicester.
Lower Gwladys for me next to the Bullens Paddock but you could walk through if you wanted to I think?

When you mentioned Gerry I searched to see if I could find who got the other goal and came across the site below. It’s incredible! Every game, player, attendance, etc.

Anyway, they have Royle with 3 and Ball, Hurst, Humphreys and Husband with one each in that game but you could well be right that Humphreys got 2. ;)

Don’t forget the 1-1 draw against Burnley on the Friday night before the National… Peter Baldy Noble!!!

We drew 18 games that season whereas Derby only drew 11…what an opportunity we had that season.
That's right - I think we drew 5 or 6 in a row around Oct/Nov when Latchford was injured. Billy Bingham reckoned we'd have won a few of those if he'd been fit.

74/5 was a strange season though - Derby champions with 53 points, Luton and Chelsea ( :)) relegated with 33. Very tight, but we had it in our hands until near the end.

Just found this Jimmy debut replacing the injured Derek Temple -

1710329317271.png

Sad news. I called in Jimmy's pub near Bedford a few times in the mid-eighties. First time I went I took a West Ham v Everton programme from the sixties and asked him to autograph it; he said it's been a while since anyone asked him for an autograph! Saw DJ Ed Stewart at a fete opening and told him Jimmy had a pub up the road. Stewpot went along to catch up with him.

I didn't realise it at the time but Jimmy played for Everton village team for a time.

Rest in peace, Jimmy. 💙

…..I specifically remember standing in Goodison Rd watching him in that 1965 FA Youth Cup winning team. Jimmy Husband, wearing no10 skipping past the half-way line. I was only 9 but he stood out and was my favourite player in that fine team.