Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I basing this on the opinion that neither tarkowski or lingard are what we need. Some people are happy we got tarkowski because he played good for a burnley team that got relegated, we have literally just been in a relegation scrap yet people are happy we got someone who will probs be first choice that has literally just been relegated...
Nil satis nisi optimum used to mean something and im tired of waiting for it to mean something again.
Tarkowski is better than every defender we have apart from Yerry Mina. Plus he's far more durable than Mina, and a fair bit cheaper in salary terms.

Tarkowski's arrival also allows us the freedom to sell a defender without leaving ourselves shorthanded. Given that we need to trim the wage bill and generate some incoming funds if possible, this freedom to sell a defender is a good thing.

Tarkowski is better than every defender we have apart from Yerry Mina. Plus he's far more durable than Mina, and a fair bit cheaper in salary terms.

Tarkowski's arrival also allows us the freedom to sell a defender without leaving ourselves shorthanded. Given that we need to trim the wage bill and generate some incoming funds if possible, this freedom to sell a defender is a good thing.
He's on more than Mina? And also lingard scored more goals than every player we have so would that be an arguement that hes better than the rest of our attackers?

He isn't, but he's on a very high salary.

He might be a Distin, but then he might be a Williams. Either way, his signing on its own is unlikely to be transformative for our season.
Especially when we have sold our top goal scorer, which we must of knew beforehand. And then not got a replacement, and then prioritized a free agent who isnt even that good. I would of much preferred to get lingard than tarkowski (DONT want lingard but on the same note id rather have him than tarkowski)

He isn't, but he's on a very high salary.

He might be a Distin, but then he might be a Williams. Either way, his signing on its own is unlikely to be transformative for our season.
I think he has the potential to revolutionise our defence, to be honest. We have no leader there, Coleman aside who in any case is one of our worst performers, and Tarkowski can be a vocal leader at the heart of defence hopefully alongside Mina or Godfrey. No more Keane and Holgate together will be a monumental improvement to our fortunes.

Especially when we have sold our top goal scorer, which we must of knew beforehand. And then not got a replacement, and then prioritized a free agent who isnt even that good. I would of much preferred to get lingard than tarkowski (DONT want lingard but on the same note id rather have him than tarkowski)
Where have we prioritised Lingard ?

I think he has the potential to revolutionise our defence, to be honest. We have no leader there, Coleman aside who in any case is one of our worst performers, and Tarkowski can be a vocal leader at the heart of defence hopefully alongside Mina or Godfrey. No more Keane and Holgate together will be a monumental improvement to our fortunes.
That's maybe true but at this stage it is just potential but people were very excited when we signed Williams and Keane too and they were both false dawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.